Akrapovic exhausts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timboc

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Has anyone tried fitting a 2014 system to a 2015 bike and if so how different are they ? I know Akrapovic say if wont fit but there bound to say that as they want to sell more !!!

I have a full Titianium system and have just ordered a 2015 bike, any help would be greatly received.

ps if anyone is looking for a 2013 with 6k on it pm me

Thanks

Full system will fit,but the exhaust flanges will need to be turned down in a lathe(to 48.5mm,if my memory serves me right)as the recess in the exhaust port is smaller.

Looks like my old Myford lathe will be getting a work out!! Thanks for the info.

I fitted a 14 full system to a 15. Flanges are shallower on 15 than 14. You can buy the 15 flanges and replace the 14 with them. Everything fits OK but the can sits a bit close to swing arm so might need a spacer between hanger and akra can loop. They only do the new style conical can in ti for the 15 which looks crap.

will the 2014 akrapovic stubby fit the stock headers on a 2015?

I am trying to fit one at the mo, just need the link pipe adjusted to get the line right and has to fit on the outside of the foot rest to clear the swing arm.

Dean

Back