Ahoy there Shipmates

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dannycox

Hi All, Thought i would introduce myself and give you my story of today........ Well, im working offshore West Africa, got 3 weeks until i get back to the UK, Im bored and getting itchy feet for a new bike. So i have owned my Ducati 1198 for two years, i love the thing, but as much as i love it i could not help noticing at the last trackday (Snetterton) i was getting royaly fisted by a couple of S1000RR's down the back straights, on the bends, feckin everywhere!!!! So this morning i woke up and though, thats it.......... So i called Ocean BMW Plymouth and bought myself a Brand New S1000RR Sport, in the motorsport colours, Akrapovic Exhaust, Solo Seat Cowl, heated grips etc etc.........On top of that i got a free BMW Training / Track day at Donington on the 24th September!!!! and 750 quid off BMW towards the price of the bike......sweet!!! And to top it all of, tail tidy, MRA Screen, New Paddock stand.......so all in all an expensive day. Now all i have to do is tell the wife!!!! Bugger!!!! Nice to meet you all Danny

Like your style mate....happy days!

Had 2 dukes myself until last year. Had a 999R then a 1098s Tri.....until I test ride a 2012 S1000rr. Game over! Lol

Enjoy it!

Gaz, i would be interested to know your thoughts on the 1098 vs the s1000rr??? speed handling??? im guessing there is a huge difference? not rode one yet but the entire motorcycling press cant be wrong i guess??? Also how much do BMW Charge for the first service...im used to high servicing costs being a ducati owner, but just wonder how they compare with BMW??? Cheers

I paid £150 for the first one at 600 miles when they also take off the limiter , then the fun begins

Welcome Mate, I bought my HP4 at the end of March and then paid £100 for my first 600 service, thought it would be a standard price but I didn't get a free BMW training/ track day :-(

your a lucky man, i wanted the HP4, at the NEC last year it stole the show as far as im concerened! lovely bit of kit.....However a third child put a stop to the extra 6k!!! :-(

Back