Aftermarket screens

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go PW

001-1.jpg

I like the new look. Makes getting dead gritters out of the intake much easier.

UJ
Looks good and fit looks spot on! :)

Who did you purchase screen from? I see HPS do them I fancy the smoked /grey ???

Looking good. :)

The Hotbodies one I'm getting has the same cut-out. I'm thinking of putting a little bullet cam in-between the grills - keeps it discreet yet with a good angle for recording.

Hanna link=topic=474.msg4595#msg4595 date=1329602040 said:
Looking good. :)

The Hotbodies one I'm getting has the same cut-out. I'm thinking of putting a little bullet cam in-between the grills - keeps it discreet yet with a good angle for recording.

That did go through my mind, however it will block airflow into the duct and disrupt the air that is going in.

But wouldn't that be counterbalanced by the increased air flow from not having the plastic bit at the front below the screen?

Bugger.

How much of a difference do you think it would make? My original idea was to drill a small hole through the plastic at the front to put the camera behind ala police style.

I don't so much want to hide it - more I want it in a central position and relatively discreet... don't want to be spoiling the lovely lines of the bike now do I?

Parley Waller link=topic=474.msg5213#msg5213 date=1330816318 said:
UJ
Liked the look of the MRA you got. Only difference is I got tinted version.

CIMG0327.jpg

I think that's the one I'm getting also, tinted as well. (Bike is also yellow). Which supplier did you use?

PW - yep pleased with mine it makes a big difference. Dead easy cleaning out the intake yesterday as well, bonus

H - got mine from HPS.

unionjack link=topic=474.msg5226#msg5226 date=1330857021 said:
PW - yep pleased with mine it makes a big difference. Dead easy cleaning out the intake yesterday as well, bonus

H - got mine from HPS.

Ta very much. :)

unionjack link=topic=474.msg5226#msg5226 date=1330857021 said:

H - got mine from HPS.

Whats the finish like without that black trim along the top?

Not bad. You can see some faint cut marks nothing a good plastic polish wouldn't get rid of.

I found a really easy way to fit the MRA screen... get a nice young man to do it for you! ;D

Edited to add pic...

2dw82zp.jpg

Latest posts

Back