Advise on exhausts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanRR

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm wanting to upgrade my exhaust system.

I've seen the Austin racing gp2 & gp3 system which are stubby cans with decat for around £500-600 new which is currently my favourite but what do you guys think?

The louder the better and something that really brings the power and sees decent bhp gains.

Thanks in advance

£500 - £600 for a new Austin Racing system, I would be surprised. Even the ARCS system is more expensive than that. Remember the AR site is +vat. £699+vat for the cheapest if i'm correct.

That said I have an ARCS GP 2 system and I find it really good. Easy enough to fit and the quality and the sound is excellent, it comes with a db killer to reduce the noise if you require though I have not needed to insert this yet.

Regards
Davy

I'm pretty sure I paid less than 500 for my Austin, I can't remember.

If you go with Austin and you want it louder he can customise it to your specs, I had mine cut down to 200mm

IMG_6117_zps3c8228f7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They are not £700 because I wouldn't look at it if it was that much mate. I believe some of thier exhausts are more expensive though.

Guys with these exhausts, do you notice the power gains? See good bhp gains? Does removing the cat make much difference?

I've got a AR arcs system that I still havnt fitted to my bike as I've had a couple of small issues with the bike which have been fixed under the warranty.still have 10months off warranty to run so can't really fit it and and pcv because dealer would probably not comply with Any other issues that may happen.saying that I brought this system off another member who went with a full arrow system . And I think buy the threads that I have read the AR is the better.cant wait to get mine fitted

If you want proper power gains, go for the full Ti Akro or Arrow System. If your interested in one, let me know.

I wonder why there is such a price difference when they are so similar.

It would be nice to see (from ar) weight differences in each exhaust and power differences, to help me choose. There is also the ultimate which sounds really good!

I got an extra 12 ponies when I changed tithe akra from the Austin!

was that an akra full system? 12 bhp more than the AR system provided? was that with a power commander and mapping?

I wish I could find one reasonably priced! The full akra system is so expensive! A grand for stainless, 1600 for Ti, this makes me sad :-(

But when you hear it you will be happy again..............

Latest posts

Back