Accessory plug

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You sure the manual is incorrect,
I'm not that good at soldering I think I might be better off just getting a Fused USB lead which connects straight to the battery. Thanks for your help though [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the accessory plug will not physically fit into the top plug. Only the lower one

I gave up trying to work it out and ran a cable from the battery! Cable and harness all came with the Satnav anyway

I gave up trying to work it out and ran a cable from the battery! Cable and harness all came with the Satnav anyway

That seems the easiest way, which is ironic as BMW have put a plug there, but no one at BMW knows anything about it [emoji17]

Hi Stephen any idea what power that left side plug puts out? I have the BMW lead and use my iPhone via a telferizer and ultimate addons case. The power direct from battery was enough to charge my phone even when using sat nav, but now I've wired in from that plug (for ignition switch purposes) it's only enough to slow the rate of discharge when sat nav on, and not enough to stop it. What is the third pin for?

Hi RacersEdge - what ultimate addons mount kit do you need to connect the case to the Telferizer?

Presumably there was a bit more to it than that - how does it deal with when you turn off the power - you don't want the GPS to still get power?

Right lads.......heres one for you to ponder over.

What is this black capped plug on the upper right side of my 2010 Gen 1 bike?

Accessory Plug

The socket pictured is for use with either the 2D IR Receiver or 2D GPS Laptrigger.

Thanksa guys.

Just out of curiosity,could that plug be used to power a satnav?

Is there a specific lead than can be bought and then spliced into my mini usb lead for my satnav or mobile phone?

Thanks

Thanksa guys.

Is there a specific lead than can be bought and then spliced into my mini usb lead for my satnav or mobile phone?

Thanks

I wouldn't use any plug apart from the right one. My friend had a gen 1 with a satnav fitted buy the dealership. 4 months later all the Eletrics pack up and BMW wrote the bike off. Saying the sat nav had been plugged into the wrong harness which caused it. That's why I want to be 100% sure I use the right harness!! If he had fitted it him self BMW wanted 9k to fix it [emoji29]

I wouldn't use any plug apart from the right one. My friend had a gen 1 with a satnav fitted buy the dealership. 4 months later all the Eletrics pack up and BMW wrote the bike off. Saying the sat nav had been plugged into the wrong harness which caused it. That's why I want to be 100% sure I use the right harness!! If he had fitted it him self BMW wanted 9k to fix it [emoji29]

I don't see how that's even possible... any excuse I suppose haha. but as Ryan confirmed the one on the right is for the ir sensor and not for a satnav, it does have 12volts tho. Gen 1 bikes don't have a sat nav plug

Thanksa guys.

Thanks

I don't see any reason why not.

I'm in the process of designing a lead for that very purpose however it will take a few weeks while I wait for some parts in order... if your in a rush ultimate addons do waterproof leads direct to battery..

I don't see how that's even possible... any excuse I suppose haha. but as Ryan confirmed the one on the right is for the ir sensor and not for a satnav, it does have 12volts tho. Gen 1 bikes don't have a sat nav plug

I don't know, but that's what BMW said, l guess they were hoping he had fitted it, and use it as a get out of putting it right!

Latest posts

Back