ABS Red circle light on

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Felix

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My ABS light, The "Red circle with a !" is on and not going away, solid light not flashing, Happened after I cleaned it. Is there any way I can remove it or fix it?

Thank you

They're the small black plastic-encased things bolted near the calipers, facing the toothed reluctor rings fixed to the wheels.

Last edited:
Have you made sure you haven't turned it off by accident, I got on my bike and started riding and it wouldn't stop flashing and some how I accidentally turned it off.

I thought it would automatically be enabled when restarting the bike but it stays disabled on my bike anyway.

Hi Ben....which gen bike do you have and is it still under warranty? I had a 2015 with a similar issue (TC light came on randomly - solid light not flashing) ....it was effectively turning the TC off during riding - not ideal!
It's definitely worth giving the ABS sensors a good clean but there's a multitude of other issues that could cause this. e.g. faulty switch gear, break in loom, worn wheel bearings/cush drive, the list goes on.....if it's under warranty i'd throw it straight back at your dealer.

if as you say the issue occurred after washing the bike, then hopefully it's a temporary issue and once the bike dries out you'll be ok?? If not and you're still experiencing problems i can give you contact details of the BMW UK Techs who dealt with mine if that helps?

Hey guys,

My ABS light, The "Red circle with a !" is on and not going away, solid light not flashing, Happened after I cleaned it. Is there any way I can remove it or fix it?

Thank you

Hi guys, The light has not gone away, I can see the sensors they both seem to be 2mm away from the disk with the holes in it, both look a little dirty looks impossible to clean though, What do you guys recommend?

2010 bike

There's only one sensor at the front and one at the back. On the LHS (clutch side) there is a screw between the front brake calipers mount where the sensor fits (in the triangle at the bottom of the fork). If you remove the screw the sensor should come out so you can clean it.

Back