ABS Pro - Retrofit to MY2012

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
So, I thought I'd ask Bahnstormers for a price to put ABS Pro on my 2012 bike.

I?ve had a look into retro-fitting ABS Pro to your BMW S1000 RR.
There are a few physical changes (for example, angle rate sensor) that need to be made to your bike, before installing the updated software, which are reflected in the cost.
The total price including parts, labour and VAT is ?807.37.

That wasn't what I expected...

That makes sense to me. The HP4 has gyros, the standard gen 2 bike doesn't.

I suppose if it is a question of investment then will you get your money back at resale? I don't think you would tbh. If you are keeping it and want the safety, and it saves your arse one day then its a bargain.

Indeed - it's a bit of a toss up - it is disabled in Race mode right? Which is frustratingly the mode I'd like it in most. Dragging the brakes to the apex leant over. :)

Resale doesn't bother me so much - I think I'll keep the base bike a number of years and keep tinkering with it...I'd probably now wait for the next version to come out before replacing it.

But 800 is more of a value to give pause than the 400 I expected - I'd not taken into account there might be hardware changes on top - though yes they seem obvious now. I'll have a passive HP4 by 2017 ;)

Back