2022 S1000RR Brake System: Is is the same for US and EU models?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett Eitland

Reaction score
Hello Experts,

Quick question, anyone know if the braking system for the 2022 S1000RR is the same for both US and European models? I have imported a USA spec 2022 S1000RR into Japan, and I am jammed up at the final paper hurdle of showing brake system compliance with Japanese regulations. The Japanese system essentially adopts the European specification (I am told) and compliance is obtained under reciprocity of UNECE Regulation 78.

The direction I was given by the registered importers was to show the brake system on the USA model is the same brake system used on the European models of 2022 S1000RR motorcycles. All European models meet EU/UNECE Regulation 78 compliance, and by extension, the same brake system used on the USA specification of the motorcycle would also. Obtain a letter from the local BMW dealer stating the brake system on the USA spec model is the same brake system used on the European models is usually enough to get the motorcycle registered.

Latest posts

Back