2017 s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bozzy1964

Reaction score
Just left the NEC.... looked at the new 2017 S1000RR as was considering an upgrade , disappointment is an understatement, plastic panels by the tank that look like they come from Halfords , what can only be described as archaic steel work for the servo on the rear shock, colours that were dreary .... gonna hang on to my 1st gen a little longer I think .... what do you guys think ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"archaic steel work"..? the only thing that is a let down over all the other marks is the rear sub-frame spar but apart from that bike to bike imo the metal work is the best. my missis has a 16 plate zx10r and its lucky its fast and works as a package because its shockingly put together.

Got to agree with Alex, I like the new colours now I've seen them, the plastics on gen 1,2 and 3 are all the same grade. Could be worse you could have put a deposit on a new blade or gixer and then seen them at the show and thought what the f--k have I done.

Two years ago when I went to the bike show to decide whether I was goi5to buy the new r1 or another s1000rr after seeing how rough the workmanship on the r1 was compared to the bmw it was an easy decision never mind after I sat on both and the bmw was a much more comfortable seating position etc etc

Got to agree with Alex, I like the new colours now I've seen them, the plastics on gen 1,2 and 3 are all the same grade. Could be worse you could have put a deposit on a new blade or gixer and then seen them at the show and thought what the f--k have I done.

At least they would probably be more reliable than the BMW though so not so bad.
I'll certainly be putting a deposit down on something other than the S1000RR

Gonna be some interesting demo rides next year...

Yep reckon so, although I wont bother with the R1 its just feels too small but I am 6'4".
I was surprised how roomy the GSXR and ZX10 felt, and the pegs a little lower than the S1000RR which is good.

I had a look at the 2017 S1000RR at Motorcycle Live and the only disappointment I can find is that my GP Austin Racing Exhaust will not fit the new model as the new exhaust box has three pipes coming out of it.
That allied to the fact that the exhaust mount has been moved to the rear foot peg area.
Austin Racing say they will get a new bike in Jan and should have the new exhausts by March.
So will have to wait and see what they offer.
Could have a few months old end can for sale at this rate.
Unless I can fit a link pipe and a 2015/16 exhaust mounting
Does a link pipe mean I will have to have a power commander??

just out of interest, whats all the unreliability issues that are being talked about on the beemer?

i will start it off...i had a clutch switch fail but didnt stop me riding the bike.

Latest posts

Back