2017 cat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nipper12

Reaction score
Ive ordered a hp exhuast for my 2017 model . Wondering if i can get link pipe dont want to change headers again

Akrapovič

Looking at the Akrapovič website the only option that appears to be available is a complete full system. If it's anything like the 2015/16 model a link pipe will not be a available due to the one piece design of the OEM exhaust system. For the 2015/16 model the Akrapovič HP slip-on can be mounted directly to an aftermarket set of headers. The 2017 optional slip-on looks to have a far more complicated inlet design to fit to the new Euro 4 catalytic converter so it would unlikely just bolt on to a set of headers or a link pipe. Time will tell but I suspect the only option available will be to fit a complete system.

Re: Akrapovič

Looking at the Akrapovič website the only option that appears to be available is a complete full system. If it's anything like the 2015/16 model a link pipe will not be a available due to the one piece design of the OEM exhaust system. For the 2015/16 model the Akrapovič HP slip-on can be mounted directly to an aftermarket set of headers. The 2017 optional slip-on looks to have a far more complicated inlet design to fit to the new Euro 4 catalytic converter so it would unlikely just bolt on to a set of headers or a link pipe. Time will tell but I suspect the only option available will be to fit a complete system.
If thats the case i wont be buying a complete set again as its just too much money to loose everytime

I'm going to try to get my Gen2 headers on a 17+ bike when the time comes - I have been told that with a little bit of fabrication they can fit. Seems cheaper than a new system.

I'm going to try to get my Gen2 headers on a 17+ bike when the time comes - I have been told that with a little bit of fabrication they can fit. Seems cheaper than a new system.

If not, I would be interested in your end can !!!

Was that too soon to ask ?:pig:

Question: would a '17 bike need some form of ecu flash/tune if you remove the full stock exhaust or perform some form of decat? And if so, how would that effect BMW warranty?
I'm guessing warranty would be compromised but i've read of people flashing their bikes all the time?? Would be interested to hear of anyone's experience trying to get repairs under warranty on a flashed/tuned bike?:upset: ......Also, if BMW have managed to keep 199bhp output on the '17 model with it's ridiculously restrictive exhaust, can we presume that a tuned '17 with aftermarket exhaust will spit out new levels of power not seen on earlier models?? :applouse:

Also, if BMW have managed to keep 199bhp output on the '17 model with it's ridiculously restrictive exhaust, can we presume that a tuned '17 with aftermarket exhaust will spit out new levels of power not seen on earlier models?? :applouse:

Let's hope it's not a VW job hey or is that just diesels 😜

Technical Manager Motorrad U.K. Said at the NEC Bike show it's exactly the same with a heavier cat when I asked about the differences between my 2 month 16 & incoming 17 (minor fairing belly pan difference showing off the new CAT, however we all knew the exhaust was made bigger on gen 3 for Euro 4 coming)

I couldn't comment for BMW but I know Triumph wouldn't touch a full system and dyno. Even when done by their qualified race team (T3 at BSB / T3 challenge)
However Hilltop Racing change the bikes ECU and it isn't shown up on dealers diagnostics.

Mines 189hp stock (slip on) couldn't justify a remap with the insurance warranty hassle!

A Bazzaz/PCV/RapidBike fitted does not incur the wrath of most dealerships. They can be disconnected for diagnosis work. And an exhaust that is TUV/DOT cannot be an excuse for a warranty issue. If you hung 4x cast iron Tube from the black and pointed them at the radiator then I could see them getting upset...but a properly manufactured exhaust has never caused an issue.

Don't forget they are only fitting these behemoths to suit EU rules at the POINT OF SALE. After that, MV and Ducati etc are more than happy to give you a "not for road use" (oh how we laugh) system.

Full Exhaust System

The 2015/16 model's standard exhaust system is extremely free flowing and given that BMW claim no reduction in power for 2017 then one must assume that the newer model will be no different. If a third party flashes your ECU it will completely invalidate your warranty and regardless of who does it BMW can tell when the bike is plugged into their diagnostic system. I have a HP Race Power Kit (Akrapovič Full Race Exhaust System) fitted along with a Race Enabled ECU and experienced a very modest 4 Bhp increase with the associated mapping loaded. My bike is only used on track and as a result of fitting the HP Race Power Kit my warranty is restricted as BMW now class my S1000RR as a race bike which is no longer homologated for road use. The days of fitting a slip-on or full system to unleash lots of power are long gone.

Latest posts

Back