2017 baffle removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
2017 bad news or maybe good news

The baffle is different. Tried the same process to get the baffle out and got this.
7664e37a187f3af4713a83f6c2c0e365.jpg

Looked inside and the baffle tubes are 205mm long! Tried a bit of force but they ain't shifting. Old baffle was only about half that length.
Good news is that this must be part of the Euro compliance so if I can get the buggers out she'll sound mint. Only question is how?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: 2017 bad news or maybe good news

Glad you told me! I'd have been struggling with that next week!:upset: I wonder how loud it is without the slip on? Looks like that big cat underneath could well keep things under control on it's own?!! If so it might make a SC project/Racefit an option without being stupid loud?? Hmmmm looking forward to finding out! :)

Just a thought, there are a couple of complete 2015/16 exhausts in very good nick knocking around on ebay for just ?150... would get rid of that CAT you don't like and you could remove baffles into the bargain pending your choice of slip on of course... I understand the rear hanger is different. Could it be made to fit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fair point ;) ....you'd just need a RHS rearset off a 2015 to attach the 2015 exhaust to, but im wondering how the bike would run using a 2015 exhaust?? Would it need some ECU tweaks or a power commander or something to get it running right?? I'll love to throw a full system on it but can't really justify another ?2k...im already gonna be eating beans on toast until 2020 as it is!!

This looks good tho! :biggrin-new: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMGXmUDr7NE

Just a thought, there are a couple of complete 2015/16 exhausts in very good nick knocking around on ebay for just ?150... would get rid of that CAT you don't like and you could remove baffles into the bargain pending your choice of slip on of course... I understand the rear hanger is different. Could it be made to fit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if its really quiet I might just remove the whole slip on and go with that?! :biggrin-new:
I guess it depends how much noise reduction the underbelly cat is contributing?? I'm guessing quite a lot?!

Iv mine too and that exhaust is very very quiet.

I cant live with that lump of a cat tho

Couldn't get over the smell of things burning from the bike after just a 5k spin.

I presume oils and new cats etc

Just a thought, there are a couple of complete 2015/16 exhausts in very good nick knocking around on ebay for just ?150...

Not sure that would work, part of Euro 4 is a greater emissions diagnostics testing to ensure on-going emissions compliance. Putting the previous headers and smaller CAT might kick off a few issues
But if not grab a cheap Euro 3 set!

Akra are doing a set of headers for about 650 quid that have the same 2 pronged outlet as the cat box so could use them with standard can too.....or get the akrapovic can. Not sure how it will look on bike tho? I pick my 17 model up in couple weeks too so will be looking into it!

Last edited:

That's a good shout. Austin racing one should be out mid March they said 😀

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Please read the link above before removing the new 17 euro regulations exhaust system. It's going to be an expensive MOD until someone works out a bypass.
For you road guys, the warranty is your main problem.

Take it just an end can won't be an issue though

2017 S1000RR Exhaust

Fitting just a slip-on will not be an issue according to BMW.

Don't take my word as gospel gents, just what we found yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've sent a query about the baffles to BMW uk. Don't suppose you fancy getting very physical with yours Paul to see if it will come out?

Latest posts

Back