2016 track fairings

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sissymc7

Reaction score
What track fairings for 2015/16 model are people using ? What's good and what should I steer clear of thanks.

alpha Racing

I'm using alpha Racing fairings and the fit and finish is superb.

alpha Racing

_DSC2255_zps4mllhkmw.jpg

P1070336_zpstasrlbrn.jpg

P1070335_zpsjykr5jdo.jpg

P1070431_zpsa0uccyur.jpg

alpha Racing

You can either buy them in GRP fibreglass or carbon fibre to suit your budget and they offer a range of seat benches and race tail units. If you do order them you will also need to purchase a screen and race fairing mounting kit. They are available from Prime Factors Racing who offer both a Forum and ACU discount and they will cover the cost of shipping from Germany on your behalf.

I also use the Alpha Racing fairingd in fibreglass. I've got the tank cover and seat unit / higher of the race seats and it's all pretty much spot on. The only down side is the tank cover has worn through the paint in one spot :(

Do you notice much of a weight difference with the race fairings? I'm trying to lose weight but keep the bike quiet enough for track so not sure I should consider any exhaust system upgrades other than the akro end can?

Side track on weightloss:

The Akro Full systems with long end cans pass driveby and static tests at most tracks. TI system saves about 7Kg.
The battery can be changed for a Lithium saving 2-3kgs, but be prepared to charge it often. My bike has a BikeTrac and it does drain the little Lithium Shido jobby I have. I've now bought a Lithium safe battery jump pack for ?30. It's like the batteries you charge a mobile with - only it comes with Crocodile clips.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/8000mAh-Po...&qid=1469010421&sr=1-1&keywords=Annke+8000mah
The wheels are the only other place you can shed significant weight - I lost 3kg from the rear fitting Titax's over cast wheels.

If you add that up my bike should be about 12-13kg's lighter than before. But I've not stuck it on scales.
If only I could shift the spare 10kg's from my body so easily.

Ooh is that a cake...

10kg; thats pretty significant. Any idea how much just the akro end can is? (#heads off to google..) I think you just spent my savings for me...

Sorry for the thread hijack - I guess the fairings dont make a huge difference unless you start taking loads of stuff off and changine subframes,etc?

No idea on the end can alone. Doesn't go with the stock pipes. (I didn't fit it hence not a scoob)

Last edited:
Weight

When I fitted my HP Race Power Kit it resulted in a 5.9 Kg weight saving. The measurements are below for reference.

Akrapovič HP Race Titanium Full System: 4.9 Kg
OEM Exhaust System: 10.8 Kg

As for the race fairings I have not yet weighed my alpha Racing and OEM fairings yet for comparison, but the overall weight saving is significant.

I have used CRC fairings with s DB Holders clock bracket. The fairings are ok, very flexible, but i think they won't fair well in an accident. Before painting, if you hold them up to the light, you can see through them. You need the fitting kit. You can use the original screen and the belly pan fits over the cats and allows the side stand to remain in place.

Re: Weight

When I fitted my HP Race Power Kit it resulted in a 5.9 Kg weight saving. The measurements are below for reference.

Akrapovič HP Race Titanium Full System: 4.9 Kg
OEM Exhaust System: 10.8 Kg

As for the race fairings I have not yet weighed my alpha Racing and OEM fairings yet for comparison, but the overall weight saving is significant.

Ahh fair enough, must have mis-remembered the savings.

alpha Racing

When I get my race fairings back I will weigh everything for comparison and post the results.

Cheers guys, I did find the BMW weight info whilst on the train home from work so sorry I didn't get to post it here. Just got back from Brands Hatch and could have done with some less weight in the bike, awesome day all the same and she went really well once I'd learnt the track and got used to the bike. I'll stick a vid up when it's processed, nothing heroic as I wasn't very fast ( 1'45'') but it might be interesting.

Latest posts

Back