2016 for sale

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Split

Reaction score
Went to Bmw today to trade my 2016 in as not using it.... Took the wife with me to test ride the s1000xr ! The salesman went on to say they've stopped making the s1000rr and the s1000r till next year to comply with the new emissions! Do you think that would put the value up with the latest models ?? They say the new model maybe strangled like the new zx10r....

Who knows? Euro 4, the ? exchange rate, the new Fireblade - all may or may not affect S1000rr values and desirability next year. I don't understand the thinking behind potentially chopping an RR in for an XR, put a grab rail on your RR (as I have) and its comfortable for all day two up riding, if you want a genuinely comfy bike (which I don't believe the XR is) that you can still enjoy riding get a GSA or for more go a KTM 1290SA.

To be honest after test riding the xr it turned out to be no good... My wife said to much wind on her and rear pegs was not good !!

For what you'd lose on depreciation selling or trading in your RR why not buy a second bike to go touring on?

This is where the problem comes... I've got a fazer fz1s we use but just want the one bike....

I own a '15 GSA, brilliant bike and fun to ride, I nearly bought a 1290SA which is an absolute hoot and comes with a heated seat :) but shaft drive (for worry free winter riding) won in the end. You should try both.

Might do that thanks... I've a ktm dealer 1 mile from my house!! Cheers for advice

Back