2015 Weeping fork seal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldwobbler

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed excessive oil on their right fork leg with the DDC? Mine has left marks on the lower leg from new. I've ignored it until now (Pedrosa's crash focused the attention!)- some people suggested it was brake dust or road dirt building up. The bike has just clocked up 7K miles now and it is definitely oil on the lower leg. I've also noticed dust collecting around the pre load nut on the top of the same fork leg, right around where the nut disappears into the fork leg. Again I suspect this is due to oil escaping from the top also. Its due a service so I'll bring this to the dealers attention (along with the warped front disks, which may have caused the problem with the fork??)

I'll keep you posted.

i've noticed mine are leaking very slightly but not sure what is an acceptable amount?? I think the majority of the markings i can see (on both folks) is dust but there must be oil there in order for the dust to catch. Hmmmm i'm keeping a close eye on the situ.....please could you let me know what the dealer says? Cheers ;)

Exactly the same here! Right fork only which seems odd. Like you say I can never see drips of oil, only dust which must stick to a film of oil. My dealer told me it was normal so I will be interested to see what your dealer thinks...

Mine started out as a ring of dust but it is obviously oil now as the miles have gone on. Its strange it looks like its coming out the top too. Its almost like pressure is building up in the fork leg.

Ye mine the same and saw a few in iom that where same only on right fork. Doing the bmw/tyco track day at Donnington as are a few others on here, will have a look at the rest there and ask the Motorrad people that are there what they think

Dean

I got it on my 2014 as well. I had bike 3 weeks now . Very light mist and only on the right leg

I had the same issue, and had to take the bike back to have the right hand fork seals, and then entire leg, replaced under warranty. I paid for the left seal at the same time to be safe, but yes, it looks like there is an issue.

Finally got the bike serviced and got the dealer to check the right fork leg seals. They have told me its normal. Apparently what I'm seeing is the lubricant used behind the seal (on assembly) - not the fork oil weeping out. Hmmm.... I'm not convinced. If that was the case it would get less as I put miles on - not more!

Flatstick - did you get any info from Donington?

No, my bike was not in one piece long enough to get any advice but just having new right leg fitted as part of the repair so will let you know how I get on with that one.
If was assembly lubricant would it not be coming out of both legs?

Dean

When someone describes their bike as "not in one piece " it does not sound positive :-(. But good point - it would be both legs. I'll keep an eye on it.

Back