2015 s1000rr throttle tube replacement question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smemly

Reaction score
I had a little off yesterday at Snetterton & i must say the Alpha footpegs, clip ons, frame and swingarm protectors did a marvelous job of saving the bike from too much damage. Their bling factor is matched by their effectiveness.

However i need some advise on a couple of parts that didn't survive. Firstly i've managed to lose a chunk from the throttle tube which has the heated grips element. Being a track bike this isn't too important to me. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy a new tube without having to get a the whole housing?

Secondly the BMW ti akra can took a hit and snapped the carbon bracket, is there an aftermarket alloy one that fits or is my only option a ?150.00 replacement from BMW?

Evotech do a metal bracket. I don't know if they come in more than one size.

Not sure on the tube, fear you need to do the whole thing.

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Just seen similar. Looks like a direct replacement might be my only option for both.

Throttles are a compelte unit and utter plop. Alpha do a better one which might be an option if the cost of a bmw one is ridiculous.

Throttle & Switchgear

The OEM throttle is sold as a complete unit and is around ?200 for a replacement. The alpha Racing electronic quick action throttle is approx ?520. If you only use your bike on track I would strongly recommend buying the alpha Racing switchgear conversion kit. It is far more robust than the OEM switchgear which has a habit of disintegrating when it comes into contact with the tarmac.

My throttle grips are actually wearing out from use on the bike in 10 months (Time & mileage) ; surely there is a better method than to replace the entire unit just because the rubber grip has worn away?

I'll look at buying all the Alpha stuff over winter when funds allow. It looks like a short term bodge of the throttle tube will see me through to then.

As for the hanger, direct replacement seems the only option.

My throttle grips are actually wearing out from use on the bike in 10 months (Time & mileage) ; surely there is a better method than to replace the entire unit just because the rubber grip has worn away?

A Few guys have removed the OE grips and replaced them with Renthal mediums, I believe on a 2012 model ( but you have to have two throttle sides, due to the extra size the element adds.) http://www.s1000rrforum.com/forum/s...710-2012-grip-replacement-heated-version.html

Also, I dropped renthal an email asking if they can recommend anything for the heated grips. Basically said they can put it forward for review and that their grips haven't been tested with heating elements.... :suspicion:

Thanks guys. I've sourced a hanger from PDQ which fits ok and significantly stronger than the carbon one.

Bike is nearly sorted now. Taking the opportunity to repair / repaint some of the fairings that took a few knocks but then it'll be done.

Latest posts

Back