2015 panels - Do they ALL fit a 2010-2014?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Does anyone know for sure if you could hybrid a 2012 and fit the 2015 panels to it?

If someone binned theirs like Ant did, could he have picked up a 2015 set in black and put them on? I believe you can with race fairings etc. So are all the mount points the same? Just curious really.

If the frame mount points are the same then yes. The difficulty is around areas like the front nose (lights/air intake/screen).

There was a set of fairings new and unused in black on eBay for a 2015 but they looked a completely different shape. I guess because they're in 2 parts where as the race fairings I would assume are 1 piece?

Anyone know if the rear tail fairing will fit a 2010?
Has the rear subframe been changed? Thanks

snett 1 15.jpgFitted my 2010 race fairings to my '15 with a very small amount of fettling. Nose cone fitted no problem just different air scoop. Tail is straight fit.

Last edited:
Is the tail light a different part no. on the 2015? Just wondering if a 2012-2014 unit might be easier?

- Sent from Mobile

Agreed however a 2015 unit has come up for sale and my rear fairing needs replacing. The unit comes with the light.

@bananaman do you think the race fairing and normal fairing will have the same fitment, baring in mind it is just the rear fairing I will be changing?

Thanks for your replies

i'll have a 10-14 upper section for sale shortly in black if you're interested, its been painted after a small drop and I've had to re fix a couple of the fixings. its good enough to work but not perfect, in honesty I've probably wasted my money replacing it for a new one (arrives tomorrow) let me know mate.

Ant

Having had gen1,gen2 hp4 and gen3,there are only very minor differences in fixings.Rear subframe hasn't changed,clock/fairing bracket appears to be the same,as is the fuel tank.The top rear mount on the fairing side panels changes from a screw to a threaded peg and grommet and the tank side panels use a 6mm nut on the back instead of a screw on the fixing in front of the seat.

Banana man, what did you need to do to the air intake as I'm looking at some 2014 race fairings for my 2015? Cheers buddy

Can't speak for the 14, the 15 has a larger fit on the intake tube to the nose cone compared to the 10. Saw somewhere that flash one are available separately. Fit to the frame is the same

Latest posts

Back