2015/16 S1000RR Standard Pillion Seat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has a point!!!! :D

Yeah would be nice of him but I think his plan is to order a new bike the same as mine for stock but with the pegs and seat instead of the cowl, it will then be a straight swap - he gets the cowl and I get pegs and seat......

In all honesty I will probable get a carbon cowl later anyway

Yeah would be nice of him but I think his plan is to order a new bike the same as mine for stock but with the pegs and seat instead of the cowl, it will then be a straight swap - he gets the cowl and I get pegs and seat......

In all honesty I will probable get a carbon cowl later anyway

But that is not how it is supposed to happen surely, my understanding is that at the point of sale you can exchange your seat cowl for a set of pegs and rear seat, does that mean the owner of the bike he is ordering is going to get a second hand seat cowl? :D

I went for the rear seat cowl and no pegs option as not looking to have a pillion
May need a seat to carry luggage on rear though?

if anyone wants a swap...im after a white cowl and would swap my hangers and seat for it...15 plate
I have a brand new one on my 2016 - feckers didnt include one with my order!! I'll swap it bud! Let me know how you want to do it ;)

Well I've just seen a pic of my bike in the dealer, I'm off to collect it tomorrow. I thought I was getting a cowl so I've already ebay'd pegs and was after a comfort seat not standard but the pic shows bike sitting there with a seat and pegs! Fucker, I even asked him the price of comfort seat and lock so he knew I was expecting cowl.

I don't know what qualifications you need to be a Motorrad salesman but it seems many of them are bloody clueless

Zx10 seat cowl was ?250 it was nice to have the choice of either I must say tho on my 1199 you get both

I know it's a long shot, but I'm new here.. Did you get your seat swapped for a cowl? If not, I've got a white cowl i'd like to swap.

didnt swap but sold and bought a cowl..keep looking on here and put a wanted ad up as they do pop up from time to time.

I don't know what qualifications you need to be a Motorrad salesman but it seems many of them are bloody clueless

On that basis I do believe I'm more than qualified to be a salesman or even be a manager for salesmen.

I ordered a Sport which was delivered in March 2015 so quite early.

I wanted both the cowl and the seat & pegs, at that time it was not clear that the pegs & seat from earlier models would fit, (dealer did not know), so I ordered them, I'm sure I paid about ?650 extra to have the seat with the coded key and the pegs.

Much fairer system now that you can choose, if I was ordering today I would take the cowl and buy the seat & pegs separately.

Would you not be financially better off having the seat and pegs with the bike and getting a cowl elsewhere?

Mine was a pre built in Sept and only came with the cowl no swapping option 😵
You lucky lads.
Appreciate the advice on this thread as I did ask if it was possible to swap

Will previous generation seats fit interchangeably i.e. 14 / HP onto 2015?

Last edited:
My bike was registered as a single seater, the previous owner had to buy the pillion seat and foot pegs extra. When I got the bike i had problems with the insurance as it was registered as a single seater could not use it as a 2 seater. Had to get the logbook amended to get it insured as a 2 seater.

Latest posts

Back