2011 Suspension upgrade front and rear best options? Or leave it as standard?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed , but it helps getting static and rider sag within reason by starting off with a spring close to your weight.

Re: Suspension

Will be trying to set up my bitubo forks tomorrow , my biggest concern is geometry. Getting shock length and fork length right before going down other variables. Ive got some saying forks flush with triple clamps , another is on 1 line and 1 guy on yhe 4th line

Bitubo

Try contacting Buildbase BMW as they are running Bitubo suspension. Just make sure that you specify its for a Superstock bike and that you are using the OEM yokes. Their BSB race bikes are running bespoke yokes so the base setting geometry will be different. After that it will just be a case of getting out on track and experimenting to see what works for you.

[email protected]

Well the forks went in today . The guy i purchased from had obviously had them set up well (buildbase) and he is a very similar weight to myself. Now either these forks are utterly amazing or the oems were set up badly . But they are night and day better.
30 miles ride home in the dry and they soaked up everything , the oems felt as though they were kicking back at me. In fast bends on the road i could feel the front diving going into bends and felt harsh in the bends. Feels sooo planted now. I
Only thing i need to dial out is its running out in the bends but i think that is down to the rear being a touch soft and squatting a touch. Also having squared off tyres from commuting and dyno work recently isnt helping im sure. Tbf this is how i expected an s1000 rr to handle

Last edited:
Ok so how are your forks set in the yokes, flush at the top or how many lines showing?. your weight is? And the springs inside are? Cheers for any info matey

I went 1 line out the top in the end , springs are 9.5s and i weigh 15 stone without gear

Latest posts

Back