2010 S1000RR should the ABS light red or yellow on startup?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

vteec

hi
i just got a 2010 S1000rr, i was wondering whether the abs diagnosis light on startup shoudl be blink yellow or red like the DTC one.

i saw loads of clips of startups but almost none of 2010 and the more recent ones lights up yellow like the DTC.

it goes off as soon as i start riding like it should.

can anybody help on this please?

thank you.

Hiya, mines is a 2013 so may not be the same but on mine both lights blink yellow on startup. Not to sure what red would signify but it could suggest the ABS isn't activating or calibrating, a quick call to the dealer should clarify.

thank you for the reply.
i thought that if there is a fault the abs light would stay lit, not go out after i start riding, that is diagnosis completed.

Mine is a 2013 too - both flash on start up and if you don't move in a certain time stay full on. The system cant finish its self check unless the bike is move forward. Red suggests its fooked. Call a dealer. Edit - you say it goes off when moving so must be OK.

yes exactly, it will turn itself off together with the DTC one but i do not know why it flashes red not yellow.

As I recall the lights are two different colours (normal), long as they go off when you start moving all is well. :)

Latest posts

Back