200 55

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike g

Reaction score
anyone fitted thr 200 (HP4) size tyre to the 1000rr? looks like it will go, think I will try next time, but thought i'd see if anyones done it?
cheers

190 feels stable enough for me but I've only done a few track days! is the 190 not a bit better for tipping in?

190 feels stable enough for me but I've only done a few track days! is the 190 not a bit better for tipping in?
maybe; a mate swears by 180s on his gixxer thou and has stuck a narrower 750 rim in as well; he is quick.
but I think the HP4 has a 200, so can't be a bad thing?
(and it looks good) so might try it- proably won't notice the difference!

I've put 180 on my rear tyre as that's what it says in the manual. Had two 190's on (1 when I bought the bike and I put the same on again as the front tyre was still ok). Now though, it felt weird until I got used to it, felt like I was dropping the bike when turning in. On the 190's I had no chicken strips, on the 180 I don't feel like I can get rid of them. Feel like I'll be laid on the floor to scrub them off. Probably would be able to on a track but feel it's too much on fast road.

Although my 190's were 190/50 not 55. The 180 I have on now is 180/55. Tips in so much quicker.

maybe; a mate swears by 180s on his gixxer thou and has stuck a narrower 750 rim in as well; he is quick.
but I think the HP4 has a 200, so can't be a bad thing?
(and it looks good) so might try it- proably won't notice the difference!

Wider tyre and higher profile (200/55) will give you more surface contact, especially when cornering, the size is performance based, hence on the HP4. But it is really down to rider preference.

The profile has an impact on 'tipping in', I.e. A 50 is less pointy than a 55, so might feel a little more reluctant to get on to its side. But we are talking about tiny differences.

Although my 190's were 190/50 not 55. The 180 I have on now is 180/55. Tips in so much quicker.

Dom, your new tyres are taller and thinner, so your observations about the chicken strips are spot on.

Back