'17RR aesthetics

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacRR

Reaction score
Son #1 was playing football a couple of minutes away from Pidcock BMW this morning so nipped in to have a look at the '17RR's. Love the grey and white scheme, looks v smart with non pinstriped gloss black wheels - quite hard to tell the difference at a glance from the HP wheels on an adjacent bike which also look to have a gloss finish now. The metallic black pillion set cover on the grey and white/red/black bikes doesn't look quite right though, think I'd go with the pillion seat. Not liking the side reflectors all new bikes have now, happily they're located on the front guard of the Sthou so I think there will be a roaring trade in carbon replacements...

Just got our 17 delivered, not noticed anything different from the 16. Our 16 was motorsport colours and this is grey.

Just got our 17 delivered, not noticed anything different from the 16. Our 16 was motorsport colours and this is grey.

Since looking at Baron VG's grey I do like the colour scheme!
That belly pan removal to see the new cat is a bit hit and miss.
Think I'll have to pop into Bowkers this week to admire the schemes, red and white with a grey in.

For Euro 4 and other EU regs they had to have additional side reflectors, a bigger cat...I think that's it for external changes, other than the paint.

Best not to look at it, you won't see it when you're riding it! It could be worse, I've booked myself a test ride on a new GSXR1000, not because I want one, just interested to see how it compares to my Beemer, the exhaust on that looks like a dustbin - mind you the bike as a whole isn't going to win any beauty contests :disgust:

Best not to look at it, you won't see it when you're riding it! It could be worse, I've booked myself a test ride on a new GSXR1000, not because I want one, just interested to see how it compares to my Beemer, the exhaust on that looks like a dustbin - mind you the bike as a whole isn't going to win any beauty contests :disgust:

You are our resident test rider :D need you to do the blade too if you don't mind ;)

Funny you should say that as I asked a couple of weeks ago but while the first customer bikes are coming in before the end of Feb my local dealer is a bit jarred off as they have no idea when they'll get any new blades into stock - rest assured I'll blag a go as soon as they do :)

The bike cannot be seen until the official release on 25th, hence why we can't let ours be seen.
But we were allowed it to strip down and prep.

Totally with you on the black seat cowl.....looks odd...in fact im not convinced about any of the black parts of the bike??.....i've got my grey/black 17 landing next week and i'm gonna replace all the black panels with carbon ;)

Son #1 was playing football a couple of minutes away from Pidcock BMW this morning so nipped in to have a look at the '17RR's. Love the grey and white scheme, looks v smart with non pinstriped gloss black wheels - quite hard to tell the difference at a glance from the HP wheels on an adjacent bike which also look to have a gloss finish now. The metallic black pillion set cover on the grey and white/red/black bikes doesn't look quite right though, think I'd go with the pillion seat. Not liking the side reflectors all new bikes have now, happily they're located on the front guard of the Sthou so I think there will be a roaring trade in carbon replacements...

Looks similar but i believe there's quite a few tweaks under the hood...mainly Euro 4 stuff but also things like a new alternator with higher output to hopefully address the multitude of electrical gremlins on the '15!
I also notice theres a revised torque curve with max torque lower in the rev range and unfortunately the new bike used more fuel! Which seems odd considering Euro 4 is supposed to be greener??

I ended up getting the grey 17, wanted the Motorsport just for resale value, looks nice though.
Picture of it in the sales bit

I tried to get a test ride but my local dealer doesn't have any S1000RR available for test rides until they can send the '17 models out in a week or do. Bummer - was hoping to order tomorrow. Oh well another few days wont kill me.

I had the opportunity to hear the new '17 start up at my dealer yesterday and interestingly the engine sounds much quieter than previous models....more "Japanese" much smoother with none of that cam clattering/ticking we've come to expect from the RR

5956e16165d279e3dbc2037ae6166ab6.jpg
0b5ab436351de62eccb30d9ad3f3bb02.jpg

The 17 bikes clothes removed. :):)

I had the opportunity to hear the new '17 start up at my dealer yesterday and interestingly the engine sounds much quieter than previous models....more "Japanese" much smoother with none of that cam clattering/ticking we've come to expect from the RR

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing?

Side Fairings

It only takes a couple of minutes to remove the side fairings.

Nah, it's easy, but that's my opinion. I have done it once or twice in my time :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

If you are unsure, just remove the belly first and strip it upwards. That way you don't need to lever tabs out.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back