2015 leaking like a seive.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r25sti

Reaction score
any one else having problems with oil and water. ive got oil dripping off the sump plug and coolant on my right hand fairing. the oil leak isnt the sump plug but i cannot work out where its coming from. it appears to come from somewhere just above the exhaust pipe but on the sump. the water issue is just as strange, yesterday i thought i worked it out, thinking it was coming out of the little drain hole just behind the right hand cylinder which is defo where it was coming from yesterday but after cleaning it all off today theres now coolant splashes on the right side fairing just by the gills below the crash bung. ive had the panel off but no sign of where its come from.

looks lie it may have to go back into the dealers. on the last service i told them about the leak on the sump and they just said it was the wrong sump washer but when i went to collect it there was oil on it again and this time they said it was just oil left from when it was drained. im thinking the sump has a crack or a flaw in it, ive tweaked up all the sump screws but still doing it.

confused.com.

I mentioned this in response to a thread recently, mine started dripping oil from the sump plug 3 weeks ago, having been main dealer serviced in March, nipped it up as it was slightly loose and all seemed ok until I noticed a drop of oil on the floor this morning, although the plug seems dry. Going to keep an eye on it over the next couple of weeks before deciding if it needs to go into the dealer, the bike's 17 months old and done 5k miles.

sounds similar to mine....mines 15 months old with 3000 miles. im thinking its a perforated sump.

Mines 2 months old, with about 200, or 250 miles on it. There is a drip of oil coming from the sump plug, or the area around the sump plug just now. I'm away working the now, and haven't seen it for myself, it's parked in a friends garage, and he phoned me last week to tell me. I'll get a look at it when i get home from work next week, hoping it just a drip from a loose sump plug.

right then, i think i have found the water leak. it appears to be the stopper on the remote coolant reservoir. im guessing as it dosn't happen all the time its just happening when im leaning right over that's why im not getting a lot of coolant everywhere just the odd little splash. today ive been over to 52 degrees on both sides. the stopper is a rubbish fit and not very tight either. the level in the tank is correct and on the top mark.

Latest posts

Back