Alex - S1000RR - 2012 - Black

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure this needs a nut on the end... :eek:

73eb2ef5ca7bb9e9c553bfec81f13b1d.jpg

- Sent from Mobile

I would think that would help alex lol and mabey a wee clean....... lol

The exposed thread is a bit short :/ Need to replace it.

And that was AFTER it got cleaned!!! :(

The shortness of the thread may be the reason why the nut is now awol? Well spotted. :)

Am I only missing a nut or a washer too? Is that bit static whilst the ball arm moves with gear changes?

- Sent from Mobile

Ahh that could be the case...it didn't appear loose...hmm maybe its how it was

- Sent from Mobile

Slicks on
bac12901619b1a31283572e047673491.jpg

Warmers tested
481f79fde8be3066d65b5ef5d3eade42.jpg

Wrapped a little to just protect against scratches and scuffs.
8a72a6d34cdb3327b77025d718ee7bd6.jpg

Need to stick the warmers in the belly pan as advised. And refit the battery.

- Sent from Mobile

I cant see, what slicks did you go for?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

is this your first time using slicks alex ? would be good to hear a first time user's perspective.

Last edited:
I cant see, what slicks did you go for?

Metzeler Racetec RR CompK's (2016+ version). I spoke to the FWR (Bob Collins), he felt they offered a wide operating window and would be good to learn on, they'd also last a good long while. He said they are a lot better than the old CompK's a lot have tried and not gotten on with. We shall see. Being a first timer on slicks I didn't want to worry about compounds or tyres going off from getting cold, because I'm slow :) I'm hoping a 1000cc bike will stick enough forces through them to keep them on song.

I have 2 sets of these, the hope is they will last 4 days at Almeria and 4 days at Andalucia, skill and progress willing I will then upgrade to Bridgestone V02's or Moto2 Dunlops for Jerez. Lots of feedback to follow. If a set doesn't last 4 days then I'll take a third set when I fly out for round 2.

11 days of fun booked - I will be aiming to Live Vlog from Almeria on the 16th of Feb. Using my NorfolkBiker YouTube channel (below).

Last edited:
Good to hear alex. Ive always used the 212 gps and have always got on great with them . Last 2 spanish trips i worked out i was getting double the life out of them compared to my friends pirelli scs. I went to order 2 more sets to go with the new set i had left over from last year but were sent kr slicks instead. I was going to send them back but decided to take the "slick plunge". My first trip is back to aragon so im hoping i can go quick enough and the track temp is high enough to keep the heat in them. Blogs to come, hopefully not from a hospital bed 😂😂😂

Good to hear alex. Ive always used the 212 gps and have always got on great with them . Last 2 spanish trips i worked out i was getting double the life out of them compared to my friends pirelli scs. I went to order 2 more sets to go with the new set i had left over from last year but were sent kr slicks instead. I was going to send them back but decided to take the "slick plunge". My first trip is back to aragon so im hoping i can go quick enough and the track temp is high enough to keep the heat in them. Blogs to come, hopefully not from a hospital bed 

I sprung for the full works from Four Counties if I do end up flying off track. Girlfriend is nervous enough, so I need to have an uneventful time.
But saying that, I've got the following to play with for the first time;
HP Data Logger
2x Drift Cameras
The Slicks & Warmers
Performance Friction Compound 95 Pads
Learning the track

I should probably just concentrate on riding, day one.

The 212's are supposed to be pretty awesome. I want to try the Michelins, Dunlops and Conti's too...

Last edited:
2 of the last 3 euro trips ive crashed day 1 (2nd and 3rd sessions) after that ive calmed down and enjoyed myself. My last trip i tock 7 seconds off my lap time on day 3 after playing with suspension. Insurance paid out both times (holidaysafe).
I can reccommend not crashing as it makes the whole expereince much better 😂😂😂

Ahh and that's the other thing - suspension setup - day 1 - I'm getting it all checked for sag etc make sure the compression and rebound are in the right ballpark. Then fettle.

I waited till day 3 and really wished i had it done earlier. What works a cadders doesnt work at aragon 😂😂😂

Last edited:
b1dbe59e7137b28106bdebd85f5cf80d.jpg

Well that was fun. Never put her in a van or strapped her down before. Nervous 2hr drive but all good. Delivered to Focused Events.

- Sent from Mobile

Latest posts

Back