BMW S1000RR Sport

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dainese

Thanks. Considering I crashed at 124 mph a couple of seasons ago my Dainese kit is still looking pretty good!

Re: Professional Riders

Apart from the obvious abundance of talent, and a Factory bike with money can't buy parts, there are a couple of differences between a professional rider and a fast amateur when it comes to the formers ability to make up time on track. I was a guest of Smiths Racing BMW last season and their race data engineer explained the difference quite succinctly and after seeing the data it becomes blindingly apparent. Where they make up most time is their ability and speed at which they can transition from a closed to a fully open throttle. This and the time they spend with the throttle pinned over the course of a lap. An example he used was Cadwell Park which is a technically demanding circuit due to its tight and twisty nature and one where it is difficult to achieve a fast lap. The average Fast Group rider / Club Racer will spend around 8 seconds a lap with the throttle fully open. On average their BSB riders would spend 32 seconds a lap on a full throttle. When a competitive BSB lap time around Cadwell Park is 1:26-27 thats a staggering figure particularly as they are not allowed to use TC or any other electronic aids. Yes a professional rider will inevitably brake harder and later and be able to do a whole host of other things better than a fast amateur rider, but that's the key difference. When you watch them track side or (try to!) follow them on circuit this difference is immediately clear.
Great explanation..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Trackday

It?s a sessioned day with No Limits. Weather looks to be pretty good but a little breezy.

Re: BMW HP Race Brake Bleed Valves

P1070273_zpslnqkgwrr.jpg

P1070271_zpsepihsp7x.jpg

Do you have the part number for the BMW HP Brake Bleeders???

Hey Ryan, great to see you today, even if you weren't on your bike, great to catch up and chew the fat.

Plus have to say a massive thank you for the pointers and suggestions on my riding. You watched from the the side lines, I came in and you gave me pointers and advice on things to try, give its been 4 years since being on track, only having my s1krr for a couple of weeks so not keen on pushing my luck, BUT with the tips you gave and advice I knocked almost 10 secs off my lap times, made me feel more comfortable and relaxed as well.

When you're next on track and I can get on too I'll be asking for you to help if that's ok, much rather have help and advice from someone who knows the bikes, knows how to race and more importantly knows how to communicate in simple to understand terms using bite size pointers rather than just do this or that.

In the past I spent loads on these so called race schools and yes you get help but I know there is not a one fits all way to ride fast, you looked at me and suggested things, they worked, i went quicker, I was happier and can't wait to get back out. Don't know if you coach much outside FE but maybe you should look at it properly there's more tracks than Donny and Silverstone, I'll happily pay you for coaching.

Thanks again for today

Latest posts

Back