2014 HP4 Carbon reserved

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own quite a few private plates, but it does frustrate me when they put silly money on certain plates knowing full well what they say and then flipping it by saying they shouldn't be misrepresented. Makes no sense ? Barstewards!!

Has anyone with a 2014 on order have any info yet? I asked dealer a few weeks ago and was told that BMW UK had not placed the overall order with BMW GER yet.

Has anyone with a 2014 on order have any info yet? I asked dealer a few weeks ago and was told that BMW UK had not placed the overall order with BMW GER yet.

Sounds like bull shit to me. 500 odd HP4s over 2 years are destined for the uk, that's it. My dealer books every slot as it comes up. Never heard of bmw uk placing an order for a batch before dealers. When I ordered my bike in 2013 the dealer booked the slot directly with the factory so he knew build and delivery dates when I put my money down. Ring another dealer and ask about it.

Well what can I say? Went into DL in Bristol to test ride an S1000RR sport, took it to Abergavenny in pouring rain, high winds and roads covered in wet leaves and mud etc . I am not sayings the weather was but I was the only bike in the bus station! Rode back again just before they closed the bridge and I was mightily impressed both by the bike and the service from Luke at DL. I was gone for hours and it was no hassle at all - I left after putting down a small deposit. But by Monday I had changed my mind - I ordered an HP4 Carbon instead :fat:

Been given a build slot for the second week in Jan 14, 12 weeks later it should be on its way.....woop woop! There is finally a little light at the end of the tunnel.

Been given a build slot for the second week in Jan 14, 12 weeks later it should be on its way.....woop woop! There is finally a little light at the end of the tunnel.

I've got a HP4 Carbon on order and was advised would be circa April '14....so in time for better weather.

trading up from a 2012 S1000RR so don't know what kinda benefits i'll enjoy but I am kinda dismayed that they are putting the DDC on the 'SPORT' S1000R. guess it was inevitable that the technology would trickle down but it's also going to erode some of that HP4 exclusivity imo

anyone else any thoughts on that as it looks like the '14 HP4 is the same as the '13 model

I've got a HP4 Carbon on order and was advised would be circa April '14....so in time for better weather.

trading up from a 2012 S1000RR so don't know what kinda benefits i'll enjoy but I am kinda dismayed that they are putting the DDC on the 'SPORT' S1000R. guess it was inevitable that the technology would trickle down but it's also going to erode some of that HP4 exclusivity imo

anyone else any thoughts on that as it looks like the '14 HP4 is the same as the '13 model

the hp4 is the same bike MY13 or MY14.

i was told by AJ in the spring that the 2014 rr would have the trick suspension first seen on the hp4. I asked the same question as you have, back then, about what's the point of the hp4 if the rr gets the same stuff anyway. The reply, which I agree with, is that the hp4 is a bit special because it is a 'halo' bike and has a fixed 2 year production of around 550 bikes in total for the uk, that's it. The hp4 will become increasingly rarer as time goes on, look at HP2 prices for example, it's about supply. A number will get written off, many will be kept indefinitely (mine is in that camp). So picking one up mint on the second hand market will be costly. A production 2014 rr on the other hand will be special, but not quite so exclusive, so more supply.

also, as you have gone for the carbon (good move), try to spec up a 2014 rr with all the bits and see how much it will be.

the hp4 is very special, you'll love it. But I am clearly bias.

the hp4 is the same bike MY13 or MY14.

i was told by AJ in the spring that the 2014 rr would have the trick suspension first seen on the hp4. I asked the same question as you have, back then, about what's the point of the hp4 if the rr gets the same stuff anyway. The reply, which I agree with, is that the hp4 is a bit special because it is a 'halo' bike and has a fixed 2 year production of around 550 bikes in total for the uk, that's it. The hp4 will become increasingly rarer as time goes on, look at HP2 prices for example, it's about supply. A number will get written off, many will be kept indefinitely (mine is in that camp). So picking one up mint on the second hand market will be costly. A production 2014 rr on the other hand will be special, but not quite so exclusive, so more supply.

also, as you have gone for the carbon (good move), try to spec up a 2014 rr with all the bits and see how much it will be.

the hp4 is very special, you'll love it. But I am clearly bias.

mmmm totally agree with all of the above....i'll keep that reply handy for the Missus lol as my S1000RR had all the Carbon and Akrapovic on it. without going through old threads etc how long have you had your HP4? did you previously have a S1K. can't wait tbh...looks sweet

I test rode a stock 2013 rr after putting my money down for the hp4. The stock rr was very good, I was bemused wondering how the hp4 was going to be any better. It is.

Even bmw themselves don't consider the hp4 a rr. Go figure. The manual is specifically for the hp4, the V5 is for an hp4. I couldn't get bmw to honour the free track day offer on rr bikes, because They pointed out that I had an hp4, not a rr.

it turned up back end of July and I've put about 2300 miles on it, seriously easy to ride fast and very addictive. now it is tucked up for winter.

It's going to be a long wait till spring....... Enjoy the anticipation.

Interestingly I have just had my hp4 delivered back from the dealer for an alarm fault, now fixed. Chap just told me that the 2014 rr will be the same spec as the current model, with the clever Sachs suspension maybe on the bikes in 2015 :).

Just ordered a HP4 carbon yesterday, was told delivery would be about end of march beginning of April, dealer was saying the numbers worldwide are upto 4000, he thinks they will finish production when they get to 5 or 6 thousand.

It feels like an eternity since I put this post up last year. I can happily report that my new bike is sitting at my local Motorrad waiting for me to pick it up at the wknd. Could not work out how to get pics to load from dropbox, so stuck with links. #3859 Ordered Evotech, Puig and Rizoma kit to put on it. Once fitted I will post a few more pics.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcpui6a44fg13rr/20140118_122647.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbh2636q93m9ls3/20140118_123028.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/phkg5jecva7rs47/20140118_122639.jpg

It feels like an eternity since I put this post up last year. I can happily report that my new bike is sitting at my local Motorrad waiting for me to pick it up at the wknd. Could not work out how to get pics to load from dropbox, so stuck with links. #3859 Ordered Evotech, Puig and Rizoma kit to put on it. Once fitted I will post a few more pics.

Congratulations, that was a long wait. Get those passenger pegs off! No place for passengers :cocksure:.

Congratulations, that was a long wait. Get those passenger pegs off! No place for passengers :cocksure:.

It was 0A that made that decision, and seeing as she put up half the money Ill let her have them. Then again I might put them in a safe place, how about the bottom of the tool box :) It fact if you look at the cost of the pillion pack as an optional extra vs buying separately then it would be silly not to get them.

It was 0A that made that decision, and seeing as she put up half the money Ill let her have them. Then again I might put them in a safe place, how about the bottom of the tool box :) It fact if you look at the cost of the pillion pack as an optional extra vs buying separately then it would be silly not to get them.

You're not wrong about the cost. I bought my bike with the pillion pack too. When 'er indoors dropped me off to pick up the bike from the dealer she took one look at the passenger pegs and said "might as well take them off, you'll not get me on the back of that". Happy days! I've kept them to one side for the mistress though, when I find one.

Nice, looking forward to seeing what extras you put on, it could get expensive :smug:How long were you waiting !

July last year and the bike is early, should only have got it in Mar/Apr. About the cost I'm already feeling the pain. £300 for a stand I cant use...new boots, gloves, helmet, ect. I don't really care cause I know the bike is going to be insane :)

Latest posts

Back