Gen 4 seats

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamieMac

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Guys,

I was having some warranty work done on my bike yesterday and I had the latest Get 3 S1000R M Sport for the loan bike... Lovely bike.... perfect if it had a fairing.

Now my bike is amazing but for the seat.... so I compared the two seats from the two bikes. They use the same base pan and the edges are all contoured the same.

So comparing both M Sport Seats.... they are chalk and cheese. RR Hard as a plank and I'm doing a plank a disservice, the R M sport seat a much better shape and softer.

Std RR and R Seats exactly the same, they might as well have the same part number.

Tall Seats I'll be doing some research on as I physically couldn't my hands on either.

Interesting expansion of seat options. J

seats.jpg

I have the 3rd gen S1000R Tall Rider seat on my 4th gen RR and it fits fine. Also fairly comfy :)

I have a spare M Sport High (33.4") seat available for sale. PM if interested :)

This has been on my mind also! I love the look of the gen 4 seat with the M logo but Jesus Christ it?s like sitting on concrete! Done a 3hr ride and was walking like John Wayne afterwards?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No question the M seats are firm but I'd rather one of them than concrete :)
If. you are leaned forward then the seat is more comfortable but its not a touring seat lol.
I tend to ride more upright which is why I bought an RR rather than other sport bikes.
This all said the M probably works well on track and it does look really nice.
I liked it but tried the S1000R Tall seat and it is definitely more comfortable but still not as nice as the seat on a R1250GS!

Latest posts

Back