Broken shark fin - should it be fixed under warranty?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kipperfish

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I had my Gen4 RR in for it's annual service and the dealer noticed some leakage from one of the front calipers and the gloss black shark fin had snapped.
It's going to the dealers in a few days for the replacement calipers, but they're suggesting the fin is my problem.
I thought that quite a few people with early bikes had the fin snap and get it replaced under warranty, but I can't find any posts stating this. Can anyone who's had it break let me know whether or not they got is replaced under warranty so I know how grumpy to be with my dealer!

Thanks!

Its not a warranty item but it is poor design and they usually replace gratis the first time. Down to the dealer I am afraid.

Carbon replacements last much better.

Had mine replaced by dealer due to same thing happening by first service didn?t give them a choice, my replacement one is 2 years old now with no problems.

Last edited:
I had my Gen4 RR in for it's annual service and the dealer noticed some leakage from one of the front calipers and the gloss black shark fin had snapped.
It's going to the dealers in a few days for the replacement calipers, but they're suggesting the fin is my problem.
I thought that quite a few people with early bikes had the fin snap and get it replaced under warranty, but I can't find any posts stating this. Can anyone who's had it break let me know whether or not they got is replaced under warranty so I know how grumpy to be with my dealer!

Thanks!

My 19 plate Gen 4 was replaced under warranty with the updated fit design.

Latest posts

Back