Techspec Snakeskin tank pads - Gen4

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone bought these:

https://www.speedycom.co.uk/bmw-techspec-gripster-tank-pads.html?category_id=2543

I had the same for the hp4 and they were excellent.

Any feedback and/or pics of the fit on the bike much appreciated.

Thanks.

I have fitted to mine. These are my favourite pads, have had them on previous 2 bikes too. Provide good grip and don't tear up your leathers (like stomp grip can).

I have a picture of them on my bike, but no idea how to attach to this post!

Stompgrips

If you decide to buy Stompgrips, this is what they look like in the packet for the Gen 4.

attachment.php

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g56tZbA9q9DjoRQi8

Could have sworn that you put the pics on the delivery thread when I was struggling with imgur previously (full album here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/P3XFdKb81pLjLyiZ8 ), but can't find them now.

Adhesive far less sticky than stompgrips (and other tank grips) - far easier to remove without leaving glue residue, but occasionally benefit from pressing the edges back down. Aftermarket adhesive would solve the latter at the expense of the former if required. Following the curve of the black plastic trim panel, the tank grips seem to sit closer to the seat than would seem aesthetically ideal, but I'm happy with the fitment.

edit: Looking at the link you posted, their demo has the pads applied with a small gap to the plastic trim panel, which does look better.

Last edited:
edit2: Looking again at the link, I despite showing a Gen4 M-Sport, I can't seem to find the correct tank grips for the Gen4 - SKU should be 62-1021-SS for the Gen4, 62-1000-SS for Gens1-3.
IIRC I got mine by searching ebay for the SKU.

edit2: Looking again at the link, I despite showing a Gen4 M-Sport, I can't seem to find the correct tank grips for the Gen4 - SKU should be 62-1021-SS for the Gen4, 62-1000-SS for Gens1-3.
IIRC I got mine by searching ebay for the SKU.

thanks andy, I have ordered using that part number on ebay.

The pads turned up today, very fast delivery. Now fitted.

Happy with the fit. I wasn’t sure if the Gen 4 pads were the same as the previous ones but marketed as for the new model so pleased that they follow the tank contours correctly. Whilst fitting I noticed the tank itself has some nice curves and creases to it that are almost invisible on white, certainly different from the gen1/2/3 tank.

b480b0b9a619af1be91c107e129e49f6.jpg

b276d841878ab71d8fe99f3c060a7bf3.jpg

And a carbon rear cowl. :excitement:

6f307f805d7fc2fb71d9d12bd1db9e6f.jpg

Last edited:
Techspec

The centre tankpad that you get with the Techspec kit is a definitely a bonus.

Either nobody has spotted my terrible DIY seat cowl carbon wrap attempt or you are all being too polite. ;)

i was most disappointed that this wasn't available to purchase online.....lol

Latest posts

Back