What have you bought for the K67?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: What have you bought for the gen4?

I thought about not fitting them but then Just fitted them to have even more carbon on the bike! Just need to get an aftermarket Guard now, I'm think the Alpha racing mesh

Just installed the bonamici chain adjusters today, this is the first thing I have bought from this brand. Top quality. [emoji108][emoji108]

The only strange thing is the wheel nut is now on the exhaust side of the bike?. but I don?t suppose that really matters.

5ac3ddc2a541eee7eaa4ba70b6dcd9e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My alpha racing ones.are exactly the same. New wheel nut @ 32mm instead of 34mm and the nut has switched sides also. Bonamici do some amazing rearsets. I've got them on my bike and can't fault them at all

Just installed the bonamici chain adjusters today, this is the first thing I have bought from this brand. Top quality. [emoji108][emoji108]

The only strange thing is the wheel nut is now on the exhaust side of the bike?. but I don?t suppose that really matters.

5ac3ddc2a541eee7eaa4ba70b6dcd9e8.jpg

Shay, Is that the Gilles wheel nut?
I have the TWM chain adjusters that I am about to fit, I emailed Calsport about the Gilles wheel nut if it will fit or have any issues if I use it with the chain adjusters and they could not tell me 100%. Quite understandable.
It seems that you didnt have issues.
How would you remove that wheel nut though? Its not hexagonal. It comes with a special tool?

Shay, Is that the Gilles wheel nut?
I have the TWM chain adjusters that I am about to fit, I emailed Calsport about the Gilles wheel nut if it will fit or have any issues if I use it with the chain adjusters and they could not tell me 100%. Quite understandable.
It seems that you didnt have issues.
How would you remove that wheel nut though? Its not hexagonal. It comes with a special tool?

Yes that?s right mate, it?s the Gillies locking wheel nut.
It works with a normal hex socket, the size does change however from OEM 34mm to 32mm. The Gillies nut does come with a small allen key for the grub screw.

I didn?t have any issues at all and used the OEM washer too.

What have you bought for the gen4?

Just picked up a Wunderlich Elephant Sport tank bag for the Gen 4/5 era S/M1000RR/R?s, from Nippy Normans.

According to the specification, it?s twice the capacity of the small BMW tank bag, and it certainly feels that way when unboxing and fitting to the bike.
For anyone who?s had the previous generation Wunderlich tank bag, this new style is boxier, noticeably larger in capacity, though I suspect it?ll still be unobtrusive on a RR (on the R, it interacts with the switch gear on full lock, but isn?t really an issue).

The bag attaches in three locations, using the stud system as per the previous generation bag.

The revised shape certainly helps with capacity, you could easily fit a tool roll, puncture repair and visor cleaning kit etc in the tank bag.

One thing I really like, is the MOLLE grid on the top of the bag, as this gives great great mounting options. I?ve personally used this to mount my iPhone to the bag via the QuadLock system, as even with the vibration dampener the vibrations on motorcycles typically damage the optical image stabiliser on modern phones over time. The mounting setup in the photos below, is just the QuadLock belt clip, further secured with Velcro. You could also use the MOLLE grid to secure a charging cable (next on the ToDo list).

The only two ?mods? I did to the bag, was remove the elastic cables on top (as I?ll never use it), and the carry handle (as I don?t intend removing the bag regularly and find the grab handle gets in the way of the fuel cap.

Anyway, so far so good, so if you were a fan of the previous gen bag, this is another great option.

2e6dd36238e0ee4e2130e7fd9b8c404d.jpg

c98f3b0cf06dbca167cf348ed9c402aa.jpg

b9ae461e87968f84a5715744b70697f3.jpg

Last edited:

@Oli Switched from the XR to the R?

Nice idea with the Quadlock clip...not sure I would butcher the bag strap but I get your point in that the placement isn't massively helpful.
I trust it will swallow drink/food/wallet pretty easily. How about a rain over suit?

Last edited:

Just picked up a Wunderlich Elephant Sport tank bag for the Gen 4/5 era S/M1000RR/R?s, from Nippy Normans.

According to the specification, it?s twice the capacity of the small BMW tank bag, and it certainly feels that way when unboxing and fitting to the bike.
For anyone who?s had the previous generation Wunderlich tank bag, this new style is boxier, noticeably larger in capacity, though I suspect it?ll still be unobtrusive on a RR (on the R, it interacts with the switch gear on full lock, but isn?t really an issue).

The bag attaches in three locations, using the stud system as per the previous generation bag.

The revised shape certainly helps with capacity, you could easily fit a tool roll, puncture repair and visor cleaning kit etc in the tank bag.

One thing I really like, is the MOLLE grid on the top of the bag, as this gives great great mounting options. I?ve personally used this to mount my iPhone to the bag via the QuadLock system, as even with the vibration dampener the vibrations on motorcycles typically damage the optical image stabiliser on modern phones over time. The mounting setup in the photos below, is just the QuadLock belt clip, further secured with Velcro. You could also use the MOLLE grid to secure a charging cable (next on the ToDo list).

The only two ?mods? I did to the bag, was remove the elastic cables on top (as I?ll never use it), and the carry handle (as I don?t intend removing the bag regularly and find the grab handle gets in the way of the fuel cap.

Anyway, so far so good, so if you were a fan of the previous gen bag, this is another great option.

2e6dd36238e0ee4e2130e7fd9b8c404d.jpg

c98f3b0cf06dbca167cf348ed9c402aa.jpg

b9ae461e87968f84a5715744b70697f3.jpg
That looks cavernous, I've still got my wee Wunderlich tank bag, it's actually quite surprising what you can actually fit in it, its dead handy out on a run, phone and charger connection that Stephen knocked up, keys, cash and still loads of space for other small items. That one looks miles bigger Oli..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

This link https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?17509-Gen-4-Tank-bag&highlight=Wunderlich shows a comparison between the Wunderlich elephants for Gen 2/3 and 4. I have both, actually prefer the older one as the lower profile looks better IMO and the fact it's slightly wider and lower works for me - better separation of things. Never had a problem with the handle on either with the fuel tank.

Oh and the stain you see on the older bag is fried egg... if anyone can tell me what will get that stain out (dropped egg on it the day i bought it...) I will be grateful :)

@Oli Switched from the XR to the R?

Nice idea with the Quadlock clip...not sure I would butcher the bag strap but I get your point in that the placement isn't massively helpful.
I trust it will swallow drink/food/wallet pretty easily. How about a rain over suit?

Yea picked it up a couple weeks ago, the XR was a mistake with hindsight. Sycamore Motorrad did a fantastic Px deal on a brand new 23 MY R. Couldn?t afford a brand new RR atm, and coming from the XR spending time on the single R is probably a good way to get reacquainted with a sport riding position. Really pleased with the new bike though, instantly felt comfortable and it is comically light taking it off the side stand by comparison lol.

Cheers, have been on a few rides with it and it works well. As you can import routes into the BMW Connected app, I?m hoping that the TomTom can be retired once and for all!

I certainly debated with myself whether or not to cut the strap [emoji51]
Oh yea it?ll definitely carry all the key items. It?s not waterproof as is, and it doesn?t come with a rain cover, but tbh I never had issues with the previous one and I suspect this will be the same.

That looks cavernous, I've still got my wee Wunderlich tank bag, it's actually quite surprising what you can actually fit in it, its dead handy out on a run, phone and charger connection that Stephen knocked up, keys, cash and still loads of space for other small items. That one looks miles bigger Oli..

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

They?re absolutely fantastic Stuart, no faff filling, not obstructive when riding, and being able to keep what you need to hand is just so practical.

Honestly I?d have thought the bag was considerably bigger than the previous gen one, but from the photos RickS1K posted it?s not as much as I?d have thought. The boxier shape does seem to accommodate things easier though.

This link https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?17509-Gen-4-Tank-bag&highlight=Wunderlich shows a comparison between the Wunderlich elephants for Gen 2/3 and 4. I have both, actually prefer the older one as the lower profile looks better IMO and the fact it's slightly wider and lower works for me - better separation of things. Never had a problem with the handle on either with the fuel tank.

Thanks for the comparison photos! They?re both great bags, certainly my go-to for RR/R?s

Just got the BMW 7-10 L tail bag, as wanted a bit of extra storage to typically keep waterproofs / extra layer. On the S1000R, it?s also an ideal place to store the key as the keyless sensor seems to go out of range slightly when stored in the tank bag.

The bag is specifically designed to fit the pillion seat, via a Kriega-like hook system. Two of the three hooks that secure the bag are located towards the rear of the pillion seat. The final point of contact comes from a loop that is, supposed, to be attached to the rider seat locking screw. If you use that method, the strap sits forward in relation to the bag, which I found aesthetically and practically bothersome.
As an alternative, I?ve screwed the strap into a solid part of the seat base, so that is sits flush against the seat.

The only other thing I?ve done to make sure the bag is secure, is fitted Velcro to the underside of the bag, which eliminates any wiggle or minor movement in the bag. It?s rock solid.

Just like with the tank bag, I?ve removed the carry handle, as I have no intention taking the bags off the bike when out on a ride.

Overall, I think it?s an ideal size, and due to the way it attaches it ?should? work well with the SW Motech or BMW saddlebags too.

c795b3dfe2f11aecb89aa749f65f0756.jpg

25a05c0652f5c6c1abe866d9c0cd1c6e.jpg

dbabf8b9e61dfaeb49aea062f48faa50.jpg

4766daad5ea8cb15104bbf8ac75bee6c.jpg

Gen 5 2023 TST lights have dropped.

Lights, numberplate holder + numberplate light.

Main driver was that I was constantly knocking into the OEM lights. Wrecked the locator lug on the near side unit walking past it.

Have seen the TST in action and they are seriously bright too.

Supplied by Cregtech great service.

Lack of instructions from TST a little daunting. But will check online.
16a4ccd6db4a93f53d901021815ebeec.jpg

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

I?ve ordered
ilmberger pillion seat cowling
ilmberger tail tidy
evotech rad guards
gilles 550 street clip ons
mRA screen
twm carbon fuel cap
twm Levers
twm chain adjusters
2nd hand wunderlich comfort seat