2017 S1000RR Grey

Re: Back Protectors

After the track today its necessary...

- Alex

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Kennybush's Avatar
    Riding
    SP-1, Guzzi T-3

Re: Back Protectors

Cheers for all the replies, was looking at the forcefeild sub 4 online last night, and liked the sound of it, but then i started looking at the vest type protectors.

I think i'll hang fire on ordering anything until i can get to a decent shop to look at a few of the options.

Dainese Wave Back Protector

Quote Originally Posted by Huge View Post
    Ry, why do you use the Wave instead of a vest?
    I wear a Wave back protector as it's designed to compliment the Dainese D-Air system and is supplied together with an L2 chest protector insert when you buy one of their race suits. When you are measured and fitted for a D-Air race suit by Dainese they take into account the back and chest protectors being worn. When the airbag deploys there is absolutely no room for any sort of vest. To be honest you don't really need a vest if you are using a race suit fitted with an airbag and are wearing the supplied chest and back protectors. The first time you crash wearing one it is definitely a strange experience when the airbag deploys and I'm absolutely convinced it has saved me from injury on track. In my honest opinion if you are a regular trackday rider, or racer, then a D-Air race suit is a hugely worthwhile investment albeit they are expensive. It is worth noting that Dainese don't recommend their D-Air race suits for road use but they do offer an alternative airbag system in some of their jackets.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RyS1000RR For This Useful Post: