Insurance claim

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I?m looking for some advice and guidance with regards to a car insurance claim as I?ve never had to make a claim before.

my missus had the daily along at her friends on Thursday there, which is on a farm. Whilst the car was parked a man revered his Isuzu D-Max into the drivers door causing a bit of damage, he is accepting full responsibility obviously and has supplied us with his full details etc.

Question is, do I contact his insurance directly or contact my insurance?

Take the car to an Isuzu dealer and get an official quote.

Give it to the 3rd party who caused the accident and ask if he want to settle privately as the excess may be more than the repair???

That?s my 2p?s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take the car to an Isuzu dealer and get an official quote.

Give it to the 3rd party who caused the accident and ask if he want to settle privately as the excess may be more than the repair???

That’s my 2p’s worth.

we’ve already discussed settling it without going through the insurance but he doesn’t want to, I think the cost will be more than he wants to pay.

Just call your insurance, tell them what happened and give them the registration and name of the other driver and they will do the work for you.

There will be a mark on your insurance... as a non-fault.... not sure what the price difference it will make... no doubt an increase somewhere...

I took your advice and contacted my insurers first, they put it on the system but it makes no difference to my policy, I’ve received an email confirming this and it means everything is on file if i need them to proceed further if the third party give me any problems, or his insurers.

i then phoned his insurers and got the ball rolling, just waiting for them to call back after they’ve contacted their driver and I’m sure he’ll admit 100% fault, would be hard not to considering the car was parked and nobody was in it, plus there is a witness who seen it.

all ways use your own insurance company, there on your side.

Your insurance company is on your insurance comapny's side. It is not unknown for the victim's insurance company to try to screw over both the other party's insurer and their own client.
Your insurance company are likely to use their own claims management company whose primary purpose is to double all the relevant costs (and require you to sign a disclaimer making you liable for their falsely inflated costs if the other party's insurer refuses to pay them).
Some insurers (of the parties at fault) will bend over backwards to resolve the matter themselves quickly in order to avoid the inflated costs the victim's insurers are going to try to stick them with. Other insurers simply refuse to deal directly with the victims, and deserve everything they get.

Your insurance company is on your insurance comapny's side. It is not unknown for the victim's insurance company to try to screw over both the other party's insurer and their own client.
Your insurance company are likely to use their own claims management company whose primary purpose is to double all the relevant costs (and require you to sign a disclaimer making you liable for their falsely inflated costs if the other party's insurer refuses to pay them).
Some insurers (of the parties at fault) will bend over backwards to resolve the matter themselves quickly in order to avoid the inflated costs the victim's insurers are going to try to stick them with. Other insurers simply refuse to deal directly with the victims, and deserve everything they get.

ok then your insurance company is going to do better for you than theirs, that's my experience anyway. Your insurance company wants to try to keep you as a customer.

Latest posts

Back