44 Teeth HP4 Race

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have ?70k you can kiss goodbye to.... is exactly right - if you had the ???'s there's probably no better option.

Changing the engine every 3k miles is a joke. It's 70k + 20k insurance + 7k for a new engine every year

I think the filming was at the bmw motorrad hp4 race trackday where anyone could pay to play? sure I got an email from the dealer about it.

But what a bike, cant wait for the next gen rr.......

I belive BvG (Chris) has bought one, only a hunch from his instagram

Last edited:
I think the filming was at the bmw motorrad hp4 race trackday where anyone could pay to play? sure I got an email from the dealer about it.

But what a bike, cant wait for the next gen rr.......

That wasn't the Almeria event in the video though, which was confusing. Looks like the press launch at Valencia. The pictures he's now posting are from Almeria.
I got the same e-mail. But I think you have to prove you've the readies to go through with it, I also heard it was just 1 session ultimately.

Last edited:
That wasn't the Almeria event in the video though, which was confusing. Looks like the press launch at Valencia. The pictures he's now posting are from Almeria.
I got the same e-mail. But I think you have to prove you've the readies to go through with it, I also heard it was just 1 session ultimately.

Yes the 1 session thing was stupid. I couldnt be arsed as I dont want one.

Proving the readies could be hilarious for finance surfers. “So sir, how would you pay for your HP4 Race?”, “er, part-ex my existing rental and pcp over 25 years please”. Lol.

I doubt any finance would be available on the bike but it wouldn't be a shock to be proved wrong by bmws marketing machine, there are units still unsold.

Yes the 1 session thing was stupid. I couldnt be arsed as I dont want one.

Proving the readies could be hilarious for finance surfers. “So sir, how would you pay for your HP4 Race?”, “er, part-ex my existing rental and pcp over 25 years please”. Lol.

I doubt any finance would be available on the bike but it wouldn't be a shock to be proved wrong by bmws marketing machine, there are units still unsold.

I think you have to start with a 50% deposit...

BMW HP4 Race

I suspect if you can afford ?68,000 for a HP4 Race, and ~?15,000 every 3,000 miles for a complete engine rebuild and servicing, you probably aren?t the type of person needing finance.

Am I right in thinking the HP4 that some guys here have was the pre-cursor to the 3rd Gen RR? Do we think the same is happening with the HP4Race and the imminent 4th Gen? If so, can't wait to see what makes it onto next years RR

Re: BMW HP4 Race

I wonder how many buyers will actually get to the decision of a new engine at 3k miles but instead have originally bought on the basis of doing a few willy waving trackdays then trying to flip it for a profit. My prediction is give it a year and there will be a glut of second hand bikes appearing where this strategy has backfired.

Am I right in thinking the HP4 that some guys here have was the pre-cursor to the 3rd Gen RR? Do we think the same is happening with the HP4Race and the imminent 4th Gen? If so, can't wait to see what makes it onto next years RR

The original road HP4 showcased the ddc suspension but the chassis was still gen 2.

The next rr must be based on the carbon frame tech otherwise its a pointless exercise. Bmw always have a reason for launching this kind of stuff.

The original road HP4 showcased the ddc suspension but the chassis was still gen 2.

The next rr must be based on the carbon frame tech otherwise its a pointless exercise. Bmw always have a reason for launching this kind of stuff.
Its also 3D printed swingarms and frames so carbon + 3D printed tech = good things coming, though they may not make the '19.

Would be nice if they did.

- Alex

Think they can do the 3D carbon bit pretty cost effectively from what I've read on the back of the learning's they've taken from the car side of the business

BMW HP4 Race

From a few well-placed BMW sources we won?t be seeing a carbon fibre frame or swingarm next year.

Changing the engine every 3k miles is a joke. It's 70k + 20k insurance + 7k for a new engine every year
3k is a lot of tds. 150 ish miles a day is 20 tds. I havnt done that in 3 yrs.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Yep, if you can afford a 70 grand track bike you're not going to be fussed about spending ?7k on an engine every 3 or 4 years, much cheaper than running a Ferrari!

Latest posts

Back