Hi Everyone

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gasman

Reaction score
Just a quick hello to you all,thought I?d sign up as I?ve just bought another S1000rr having owned a gen 1 model back in 2012.

My new bike is a 2017 sport with all the bells and whistles inc the forged wheels and I have say to date I can?t fault it.I decided to buy another as my last bike..a Panigale was just way to extreme for road use.

Ive had good look around the forum and found it to be very informative and can only say a big thanks for all the valuable information available and I look forward to hopefully adding my own value to the forum.

In the meantime have a good weekend and enjoy the good weather.

Welcome mate, some fantastic roads in easy reach of where you are, hope you get full value out of your new bike over the weekend

Thanks..hoping to get out over the weekend can’t beat North Yorkshire for a run out..Settle,Hawes and of course devils bridge.
Although a tad fed up as would normally be getting prepared for going over for the TT this time of year but too much on to fit it in this year.

Yeah we did talk a while back about having a forum meet in North Yorks, need to try and resurrect that.

Just a quick hello to you all,thought I?d sign up as I?ve just bought another S1000rr having owned a gen 1 model back in 2012.

My new bike is a 2017 sport with all the bells and whistles inc the forged wheels and I have say to date I can?t fault it.I decided to buy another as my last bike..a Panigale was just way to extreme for road use.

Ive had good look around the forum and found it to be very informative and can only say a big thanks for all the valuable information available and I look forward to hopefully adding my own value to the forum.

In the meantime have a good weekend and enjoy the good weather.

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Great choice going for the HP forged wheels, they?re an excellent upgrade.
What colour scheme have you gone for?
What are the biggest improvements you have noticed compared to your Gen 1 RR?

Very glad to hear you?ve found the forum helpful and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thanks Oli,I’ve gone for the motorsport colour scheme.

Your absolutely right about the forged wheels,took me a while to justify the cost but now I’m glad I did,although they are a bit of a pain to clean especially the front.

I think the most noticeable differences between the two bikes are the rider aids and suspension,the gen 1 I just left in slick mode most of the time as the other settings were a little to intrusive to have any fun whereas the fine tuning of the new setup is a massive improvement and as for the suspension I find it near perfect for road use,even on poor bumpy roads it just takes all in its stride without drama,downshifter and cruise also nice touches.

Both BMW s brilliant bikes,had my gen 1 for nearly 3 yrs,my last bike a Panigale I had for 5 months......
lesson learned.

Latest posts

Back