Anyone still riding?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on my old dt175mx until the spring now, been trying to get some miles on it for ages to complete running it in. Otherwise I've got a kdx250sr which is brilliant this time of year for a nice sunny sunday morning blast round the local lanes for a couple of hours. BMW normally sorned end of November to beginning of March as I don't like washing it!

Im still out as much as I can Fun miles only, a couple of weeks back I managed 761 miles in a week (on my Tiger) strictly No commuting.

Planning a few days out 17th to 22nd December if the weather holds up.

Yep.

52k on the clock now. Tomorrow will be interesting as sub 0c morning start. no sign of salting on main roads down here yet? which is worrying.. hey ho

Been out a couple of times, But it isn't so fun when your scared to corner.

#SC2's4Lyfe.

Still commuting everyday, only 1 bad night so far with last stretch being seriously icy , trickled me way down the road at walking pace. Strange to find myself praying each night for rain and clouds to keep temperatures above freezing.

Still commuting everyday, only 1 bad night so far with last stretch being seriously icy , trickled me way down the road at walking pace. Strange to find myself praying each night for rain and clouds to keep temperatures above freezing.
Haha, I?m not the only one then!

I had a conversation on temps and pressures with the Michelin rep at last years London bike show. He explained that ALL Michelin sports bike compounds grip drops off significantly below 4 'c! But what that translates to in road riding, who knows. Try asking this guy on there technical team he helped me with track pressures and temps.

Tony Charlton
2w Product Technical Manager
Europe North and Russia

[email protected]
+44 (0) 1782 401758
+44 (0) 7768 322591
Michelin Tyre Plc - Campbell Road - Stoke-on-Trent - Staffordshire - ST4 4EY
[URL]http://moto.michelin.co.uk/[/URL]

BUT remember according to the laws or aerodynamics a Bumble bee shouldn't fly, but it does! The reason is no one told him it shouldn't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ride every day, but bike been in the Garage Monday and yesterday.... did not chance the roads until the main road....

The tube was rammed and there was some issue at a station and shut the whole of the Northern Line yesterday.... luckily we were about 100m from the platform and the driver went for it.... Dunno what the issue was....

Was Raining this morning, got geared up and Felt free as a bird again.....I get withdrawal symptoms if i dont ride for 2 days....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back