Tyres tyres tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GCullenRR

Reaction score
When I picked up my S1000rr the tyres didn't have the best of tread left so I was told I could take it and use up the tread on the tyres and they would honour a new set free of charge .. well it's been a month and they have called me asking what rubber I want ..

And I can't decide 🙄

Right now it has Bridgestone S20's which o really quite like but I've done some digging and aparently the metzelers are the way forward? I had Pirellis on my Ducati and they get up to temp really well but I couldn't get to grip with them in the wet. Do I stick with the bridgestones or do I twist and go for something else?

It'll mainly be road miles however I am heading over to the TT in June so they could be classified as fast road miles ..

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Metzeler M7RR's recommended for all round use including the odd trackday, nor tried S21's or Rosso 3's but they'll do a similar job to the M7's

Im on m7rrs at the moment (2k) but if im honest the dunlop sportsmart 2s in my opinion (5k miles) are a better tyre

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Im on m7rrs at the moment (2k) but if im honest the dunlop sportsmart 2s in my opinion (5k miles) are a better tyre

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'm about 800mi into my pair of Sportsmart2 Max and they are way better than the Racetec K3s I had on the bike prior, for me at least. They're a great road tyre - I always found the K3s only felt great if you were really on it, but I'm not a balls-out 100% all of the time sort of rider.

You won't be disappointed with the M7RRs. They do well being pushed and warm up quickly in all weathers. If you need good mileage they make sense. I have had 2 sets and will be trying the Rosso 3s next for a change.

I've done some reading on the Dunlops and they get a real good write up! I've heard good and bad story's online regarding the M7RR's. Looks like it could be a straight shoot out between the Dunlops and the Bridgestones right now! Has anyone ran the Pirellis on there s1000rr??

The S20 is old, get the S21 if you want Bridgestone.

You need to decide if you're a V or U profile rider. Metzeler tend to tip in fast, because they are a V shape. Bridgstone are U shaped and more progressive. The V, can, make a nervous tip in worse. A U, can, make a slow turning bike feel like a barge.

So, you need have a think about what you would like the bike to do, then get a tyre to suit.

- Sent from Mobile

Mainly tyre wear, been looking at other forums for similar powered bikes just using google but all said they are the best of the S20/21, SS2, DC3 but they don't last as long. 2k miles (ish) ? I don't think you can justify that for a tyre that isn't a track tyre to be honest! Don't know why am complaining actually considering I'm not paying for these 🤔 I

On M7RRs I'm averaging about 4-5k a set with a couple of trackdays in the mix. What I like about them is they wear really well, so if you use all the tyre when you can and not just squirt it on the straights they last almost too long with no squaring off.

Has anyone ran the Pirellis on there s1000rr??

I've only ever run 200 wide Pirelli Diablo Supercorsa SP on my HP4 as that is what was on it new. Been fantastic in all conditions but have spun up on me in torrential rain when travelling in a straight line though, but it was my ham fistedness that caused it along with it being very cold (ride in all seasons) no dramas due to the excellent TC.

Had 190 Metzeler K3's on my first S1000rr and they were excellent too.

Neither sets last more than a couple of thousand miles though and I'm sure there are better value tyres out there although my thinking is if they are good enough for OEM for the HP and Panigale they must be fine for the road riding that I do.

Just bought a set of Pirellis last week and they were ?275 fitted, if you are getting them free, try them.

JimmyMac

Have never heard a bad thing about m7rr,had them on my blade and couldn't have been better,good fast road all weather tyre. Lots of positive feedback on fireblade forum for them just as there is on here.
I'm gonna give the Rosso 3 a try this time,very similar to the m7 but I like the look of the tread pattern better[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go with the S21's, good stability and front end feel, I was much happier with them than the Rosso Corsas the bike came with.

Loved the S20 Evos my 16 plate RR came with, no complaints on either road or track, wet or dry. Very progressive and offered good feed back.

Just replaced them (worn out) with S21's as they are purported to be even better than the S20 Evo's.

Quick warm up, good dry and wet grip and overall good mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just about to fit a pair of Ross 3's , chosen over m7rr's as they are newer design so may have moved things on a tab but who knows? Had Metzelers , Pirelli Corsa's , Conti Sport Attacks and despite using bike for road use only have not managed to get over 2,000 miles out of the rear.
Must be something wrong with the bike ! Mind you all miles are covered on twisty B roads as riding in a straight line doesn't float my boat.:topsy_turvy:

I've just been onto the BMW dealer and requested Metzeler Sportec M7RR's as from multipul online reviews they seem to be the best of the bunch, the dealer should be back in touch today to say wither they can supply these tyres, doubt it will be a problem, if it is I'll go back with the Bridgestone S21

I had Bridgestone S20's then went onto the S21's
Same levels of grip, just more mileage out of them.
Personally I will stay with S21's, until the 22's come out :)

im on my 4th set of M7RRs ...no complaints whatsoever :)

Latest posts

Back