Ilmberger Race Ballypan,urgent help required.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Japcati

Reaction score
Trying to fit this onto my bike,and its not fitting.
I read that you have to cut the inner cowling trim piece,but I have no idea where to cut it.

Can anyone here help me please??

This bike has to be ready by Thursday night for an event,and Im struggling to get it sorted out.

Where do you cut the inner trim piece?

Thanks.

Fit the plastic to the undertray off the bike. Unless it's not required with that one?
The hose should be behind the radiators.

Last edited:
Fit the plastic to the undertray off the bike. Unless it's not required with that one?
The hose should be behind the radiators.

You cant fit it tothe race bellypan as theres no holes in the front of the bellypan to fit it up.

Theres only the 3 holes on each side to fit it to the side fairings and lower frame.

Supposedly the inner trim has to be cut on both sides,but I have no idea where,and Ilmberger are not being very helpfull,after I emailed them for advice.

Thanks over that hose.

I think the dangly bits at the bottom below the oil cooler need to go.... they look like the fixing points for the road belly pan that has a gap. And I don't recall the dangly bits on my hp4 which has the same belly pan as you are trying to fit.

Last edited:
I just about managed to get it on,but not happy with the fit,so Im gonna chop off the bottom 1/3rd of the inner cowling tomorrow.
I may have gone OTT on the carbon fibre though....

Anyone have a pic of what the HP4 looks like in that area?

Thanks.

Just took these....
b6c7e48a19f3d7214cf91691d463b74b.jpg

64e00755fb28f52d25df3f4bf7cc9a11.jpg

d75635f068123ef5385cc8c77435ee8f.jpg

ccc6e7453e37f1f985c8857d88b19197.jpg

88aa6becd990c9b31e407687c1369e76.jpg

That's as good as it gets without taking it all apart. :)

Whats the problem is it the plastic bit below the oil cooler guard Japcati ? Ive had my fairing off completely and damned if I can find the images I took.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Whats the problem is it the plastic bit below the oil cooler guard Japcati ? Ive had my fairing off completely and damned if I can find the images I took.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thats its,the lower part of the inner cowling......just under the oil cooler
Supposedly you have to cut this inner cowling on both sides,but I dont know where to cut it,as in how much to cut off.

Some people say there Ilmberger went on with no cutting of that inner cowl required,but for some reason my race belly pan is putting up a fight and doesnt want to fit properly.

Honestly I'd take it all off the bike and try and mate them up in isolation, then mounted together put them back on. It will go much more smoothly.

Clean carbon does look nice too. I have an Ilmberger hugger too. Did it come from Ilmberger with the stickers already on it? I remember looking on their website & I don't remember the stickers.

Last edited:
Clean carbon does look nice too. I have an Ilmberger hugger too. Did it come from Ilmberger with the stickers already on it? I remember looking on their website & I don't remember the stickers.

I bought the sticker kit from Portugal and applied them last weekend.

Im not so sure about them now the bellypan is on the bike.

Maybe bare/clean carbon would look better??

Looks really well now Japcati,
Did you get sorted in cotters today����

Looks really well now Japcati,
Did you get sorted in cotters today����

I did indeed.
Stuart sorted out the rear brake pedal play for me and got a few bits and bobs off them.

What were you on?

Looks good mate, personally
I would lose the stickers on the bellypan and wheels
So your eyes are drawn to all the carbon instead

Back