She's Here...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gash

Reaction score
Finally picked my new beast yesterday. Only done around a 100 miles on it so far with work and what not but...WOW! I knew this bike was ace when I test rode it a couple of months ago but I'm just amazed at how light it feels and how fast it is (even while running in!) It feels like my old 600 but with the power of a ballistic missile, I can't wait for the first service to get it past 9k revs :eek-new:

Anyway I havn't got a lot of pics but I'm sure you all know what an s1k looks like by now. I'll update in time as I add mods etc.

Only added a tank pad and the HP axle protectors so far but going to pluck up the courage to fit my stomp grimps tommorow.

IMG_5013.jpgIMG_5014.jpgIMG_5022.jpg

I part ex'd a Honda CB1000R and I'm looking forward to life back on a sportsbike after doing a year on a super-naked.

Oh and one question - why does the rear seat cowl fit so bad? Is it just me or is there a huge gap all round on yours too?

Attachments

• IMG_5025.JPG
    IMG_5025.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 146
Last edited:
Nice one Gash, get it run in quickly, you'll find it a tad more responsive than the bikes you've had... suggest you get rad and oil cooler guards fitted when you can, well worth it for not a lot of dollar

Nice one Gash, get it run in quickly, you'll find it a tad more responsive than the bikes you've had... suggest you get rad and oil cooler guards fitted when you can, well worth it for not a lot of dollar

Thanks Mac, yeah I have the evo tech guards coming this week along with a tail tidy.

Excellent mate... get those miles done and get that strangler removed... pick your tarmac and in your best Maximus Decimus Meridius voice, crack her open as you shout out ...... "unleash hell"

Enjoy
stuarts phone

Last edited:
Thanks lads!

I read something somewhere about removing some of the washers from under the seat cowl to get a better fitment, anyone done this?

Also what the hell do BMW use to lube the chain? The fling off of it is unreal, the inside of my rear wheel is plastered and its a nightmare to get off, may need to polish it off, but one thing's for sure I'll be cleaning the lot off the chain and start afresh with my own.

On a better note I booked my first service today for a couple of weeks time as I don't get a load of time on the bike with work getting in the way!

Ride safe lads

Dunno about the seat, there's just a small gap, re the chain, buy Wurth chain cleaner and remove all that crap they coat it with then re lube using Wurth dry chain lube - brilliant stuff that doesn't fling at all

Last edited:
Thanks lads!

I read something somewhere about removing some of the washers from under the seat cowl to get a better fitment, anyone done this?

Ride safe lads

I tried removing the washers but was to tight a fit then and a nightmare to get on n off so put the washers back on!!!

Hi mate. Get the extra add on's with the Stomp Grip which go on the lower plastic panels, unless you are 6'6 that is. I'm 5'8 and my knees won't reach the tank. The bike was built for large German's lol.

Hi mate. Get the extra add on's with the Stomp Grip which go on the lower plastic panels, unless you are 6'6 that is. I'm 5'8 and my knees won't reach the tank. The bike was built for large German's lol.

Funnily enough I've litterally just finished putting them on tonight.

image1.JPGimage2.JPG

Finally got my first service today! Been working like a madman so first opportunity. Had 600 miles clocked nearly two weeks ago haha.

Can't wait to let it of its leash.
Defo a RAIN MODE day today though...typical

Latest posts

Back