New bike

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_maz

Reaction score
After some looking around, finally found the one I was after. Obv the best colour 😉. Was an epic journey on a bank holiday weekend, but was worth it. Here it is

Had it out today for a little blast, feels really nimble. Yet to push it as the roads up here are still crap. It is the following

Full akra system
PCV with map
r&g bar ends
R&g peg covers
R&g tail tidy
Carbon hugger
Belly pan extended
Short levers
Power bronze screen
Stomp grip

Needs a set of shoes. Been looking at what you guys prefer best. Thinking of sticking some supercorsas on?

Attachments

• image-1433817161.jpg
    image-1433817161.jpg
    530.8 KB · Views: 77
hi maz, bike looks great mate you'll love it , with regards to tyres it depends on what kind of riding you do but I know alot of guys on here swear by m7rr's, I currently have dunlop sportsmart 2's which are great for road and track but I will defo be changing to m7rr's when these are done, enjoy your bike and the forum.

David

Hey Mazza, great looking bike, you done well. Have a word with Stuart, he just got new M7RRs last week, they seem to be the ones at the moment that everybodies raving about. I had Racetec 190 K3's on my RR and loved them, I have 200 Supercorsas on my HP4 but in all honesty preferred th K3s.

Careful up the A82 way the road is riddled with safety cameras at the moment.

JimmyMac

Last option for tyres! Conti SA3's. My SA2's are confidence inspiring so will be replacing with SA3's. (Sport Attack)

Welcome to the site.

Great bike and nice mods. Im like david and on sportsmart 2s. Havnt let me down (yet)

Bike looks good! Are you in Scotland? As for tyres, personally I'd go for the Metzeler M7RRs or Bridgestone S21. Bridgestone are offering ?50 off at the minute... http://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?7328-%A350-off-Bridgestone-S21-tyres

Yeah I'm Scotland buddy. Motherwell to be precise.

Thanks for the comments lads.
I'll have a look at these tyres mentioned. Will be mostly spirited road riding I'll be doing, no commuting though so don't need one that's going to absorb lots of motorway miles.

What do motorad charge for changing tyres? While on the bike?

Cheers Mazza

Maz as Jimmy said I had a pair of M7RRs fitted at Strathearn tyres in Crieff. Seems a long way to go but on a dry day its a good blast. ?234.00 supplied and fitted on bike.. rapid service in and out in jig time, theyve a great reputation. I gave them a handfull of miles and then horsed it home along the 85 and down the 82 Loch Lomondside to Dumbarton. No cause for concern they het up quickly and felt good on the bike and to the touch when I stopped for fuel. Im a Michelin man and love 2CTS so it was a wrench for me to change manufacturer tbh. I nearly bought a pair of power super sports. So far Ive no concerns at all... this may sound odd but Im not a lover of the tread pattern for some reason. So used to 2CT pattern probably..

ForumRunner_20160501_152739.jpg

ForumRunner_20160501_152803.jpg

Last edited:
Ideal buddy. Jst ordered a set from fleebay. 212 delivered. I'll take the wheels of and take them to somewhere. Tbh the back wheel needs done asap and cld do with unwanted attention from the Rozzas so it's a case of taking tyres to somewhere. M7rr's have been ordered, hopefully be here soon for Thursday's good weather

Latest posts

Back