Suspension settings with 2D sensor for track

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregbo

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have taken the plunge and bought a 2D fork sensor.

what settings are you guys running on track?

I am 73kgs.

Cheers

greg

2D Potentiometer

My settings vary between circuits and if conditions are wet or dry. The best advice is to not rely on settings from others but instead start from a baseline of your own once you have set front and rear preload. A good starting point with the 2D potentiometer fitted is set all variables (compression and rebound) to '0' and then experiment to find what works best for you. Make sure that you record any adjustments that you make and the specific reasons as to why you've made a change. I've posted this before but do not be to overly concerned with the relationship between weight and suspension setup. For perspective two riders on the same bike who are the same height and weight will need different spring rates and valving based on their riding style. A rider who is much stronger on the brakes will require a greater spring rate and will have a stiffer setup. A rider who is better at carrying higher corner speed will usually have a softer setup and a lighter spring but may require increased ride height to maximise mechanical grip at full lean angle. Suspension set-up therefore varies significantly from one rider to another due to a whole host of variables and conditions. The key to understanding suspension set-up is being able to identify what the bike is doing beneath you and more importantly what it is preventing you from doing. Suspension setup is an evolving process and continually changes the faster you go as the bike will react in different ways necessitating further changes.

Ok guy, thanks......

I have been doing track days for more that 10 years and generally take some advice on a good base setting that works well and take it from there.

I got some setting suggestion today from a guy who knows his subject, Troy Corser. I'll give that a whirl.

Latest posts

Back