pirelli supercorsa diablo going abroad

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hp4-carbon

Hi all,

Im new on here.

I own a HP4 Carbon. Im going away abroad in June. Its about 400 miles to get to the place were we are staying. The tyres have done 1700 miles and they are looking in good shape. Just wanted to know what are your thoughts would the tyres last another 1500 miles?

Thanks

I dont have an HP4 but I do have an s1000RR - yes I think they'll last, just... I get about 4-5k out of mine.. depending on how it's ridden.

Thanks for reply.

I was just worried about 400 miles on the motorway will ruin the tyre.

Thanks again

I am quite happy to hear that, I have just put these on and after 100 miles am finding them fantastic. I am surprised they last that long? how are they in the wet?

I'm also very surprised to hear they may last, my bike has covered 1200 miles now with half of that being a running in period and the outer blocks on my front wheel are not far away to require a change. I think I'll be lucky to get another 150 miles.
(The rear picked up a nail so has been changed)
The tyres are superb though and I think they are better in the wet than the Diablos i ran on my Blade.

I think you will struggle with long motorway stretches using the SP2s. Mine lasted 2000 miles being careful not to rip the middle out. Great tyre but they are not designed for touring, soft all the way round. I also found them terrible in the wet, obvious from the tread pattern.

There are places abroad that supply and will actually change tyres if you pay them:)

Latest posts

Back