XR to RR [emoji39]

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richie_d

Reaction score
Quick intro...newbie RR rider from North East...well will be in a couple of weeks [emoji106][emoji106]

After having the XR for 18mths I've bitten the bullet and swapping for the new RR. Last chance saloon really as getting to old for this game! Any advice from riders at 6'3 and over welcome. Pain killers already sorted [emoji23]

I have a couple of mates already on the RR and nothing but good reports - think they are on this forum somewhere ??

Anyway looking forward to the craic and advice

Cheers

Richie [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi! Initially loved the bike, but lost interest due to the vibes which got worse from the bars. After a jaunt around Europe last year it did my head in! Managed to get a decent (ish) fix from a company called vibration free. Basically a load of lead shot in the bars. Aside from that, the bike was a good all all rounder.

Bmw comfort seat will give you more leg room and comfort

Hi, yeah was looking at those, had one on the XR. I'll see how i get on with the stock one. I've heard the heli bars are worthwhile to. Have those on my ZZR. As usual I'll spend a fortune on it to make it fit me [emoji33]

Welcome richie, no vibes through the bars on the 2015+ RR's, suggest you go for HP rearsets which are adjustable for a little more legroom, not quite as tall as you but I find my bike pretty comfortable over distance and at all speeds

Welcome richie, no vibes through the bars on the 2015+ RR's, suggest you go for HP rearsets which are adjustable for a little more legroom, not quite as tall as you but I find my bike pretty comfortable over distance and at all speeds

Hi and thanks, Good advice, they seem a popular choice. Those HP parts ain't cheap but I guess you get what you pay for [emoji106]

Hi Richie, can't give you much advice regarding fitting the bike as I'm a 5'8" pie athlete.
Dave Smit on here is the tallest rider I know as he is about 6'13" and built like the gable end of a fiver. He fits on his HP4 no probs.

Welcome to the site and enjoy the new bike.

JimmyMac

Last edited:
Hi Richie, can't give you much advice regarding fitting the bike as I'm a 5'8" pie athlete.
Dave Smit on here is the tallest rider I know as he is about 6'13" and built like the gable end of a fiver. He fits on his HP4 no probs.

Welcome to the site and enjoy the new bike.

JimmyMac

Cheers, ....pies, everyone's talking about em!!![emoji23]

Hi Richie welcome along to the forum.

I'm on the tall side too as Jimmy eloquently stated. You could add some adjustable rearsets for a bit more comfort.

I'm 6,2 and the only struggle I have is the rearset position, it's fine when your moving about on the seat but in London traffic your legs get sore.

But then again I took a break from riding I don't remember getting sore legs at the end of are last summer.

But as everyone says hp rearsets could sort this out.

Mac, my '16 needs bar weights.... got numb fingers and hands....but now have got some used ones from my mate, but the ones on the site by Positve Vibes cures most problems ....

I'm 6'2, pegs on my '15 are higher than my '10 but as I use it for mainly track it's only a minor problem.
Killed my knees on my '10 after an hr or so lol

Thanks lads, I'll see how I get on upto the 1st service. Looks like the rear sets may be best choice, I'll let you know how the body copes lol! Thanks again[emoji106][emoji106]

Mac, my '16 needs bar weights.... got numb fingers and hands....but now have got some used ones from my mate, but the ones on the site by Positve Vibes cures most problems ....

Ah ok, my gen2 had terrible vibes, unfortunately I hadn't discovered the forum when I had it so didn't know about the bar weight cure, owned my gen3 for 2 years now and no vibe issues at all.

'17 had no vibes that I can remember.
But I do think its an issue which can change depending on the day it was built...

- Sent from Mobile

Last edited:
Hi Mate - you LSOP! My '15 didn't have vibes to start with but I'm sure I was beginning to suffer with them at the end of last year. (13K miles on it now)

That was a test bike, anything I buy I won't be as lucky with

- Sent from Mobile

Hi Mate - you LSOP! My '15 didn't have vibes to start with but I'm sure I was beginning to suffer with them at the end of last year. (13K miles on it now)

Ha! Old wobbler....time you changed your bike. 13k on a 15 plate! Big shout for big mileage [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Latest posts

Back