Winter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sowts

Reaction score
Hello All

Looking for advice for what to do to my bike over the winter months
Its in a good new garage but was thinking of covering it in ACF-50 just to try and help protect it or am i worrying to much??

It wont be ridden until next year now (work and i'll use the GS)
Oh and wife said she would leave me if i put it in the living room so thats a no go !!!

You are worrying far too much ;) get an optimate charger and put it on charge for 1 week every month and that should do it...

My bike sat in the car park for about 2 months without being used last year, started up on the first press of the button when I went to take it in for a service in January, so the optimate is arguably not needed either!

Just make sure the bikes clean before tucking it away and the chains well oiled to stop it rusting. I top the tank right up and treat it to stop condensation building up inside it.

gave mine a goog clean and lube and acf50 last year it was left outside and covered had no probs starting and most weekends took it for a spin when the frost dissaperred around lunchtime.

had a mega ride on christmas day

keep it clean and wash any salt

You can send it to me i'll make sure the battery's kept charged ;)
20k now in under 2 years i could run yours in for you! ;D
Winters no reason to stop riding just wash it after each ride & wear warm clothes,SIMPLES :D :D

Sowts link=topic=1523.msg14560#msg14560 date=1349796978 said:
Hello All

Looking for advice for what to do to my bike over the winter months
Its in a good new garage but was thinking of covering it in ACF-50 just to try and help protect it or am i worrying to much??

It wont be ridden until next year now (work and i'll use the GS)
Oh and wife said she would leave me if i put it in the living room so thats a no go !!!

you need to reason with her.... how much you would have to spend on it instead of her to put it right if left out during winter ;)

mit link=topic=1523.msg14565#msg14565 date=1349799198 said:
My bike sat in the car park for about 2 months without being used last year, started up on the first press of the button when I went to take it in for a service in January, so the optimate is arguably not needed either!
Quite right Mit, but mine had trouble starting after just a month of non use. I didnt run the Battery flat trying to start it (put it on charge for an hour) but now use the Optimate to keep it in top shape. ;)

babarr46 link=topic=1523.msg14607#msg14607 date=1349821174 said:
Winters no reason to stop riding just wash it after each ride & wear warm clothes,SIMPLES :D :D
My thoughts exactly ;) but each to their own ;D

I Love winter riding, it doesn't really harm the bike at all, and your riding Skills benefit from it too ;)

Cheers guys for the info i will do a few of the things mentioned

Barbarr46 its not the running in i need help with it the chicken strips !!!!

Latest posts

Back