Who do you trust to fit tyres to your carbon wheels & your experiences with OEM

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Quick question/ your experiences/ opinions

My S1000RR M sport came supplied with OEM Metzeler Racetec RR K3s fitted.

I am changing my tyres to Pirelli diablo rosso corsa 2 , (ive had them before on all my bikes & personally I love em)

Purchased the Pirelli tyres without fitting & have been Looking at the tyre fitting options as I will not trust any old fitter with the carbon wheels as we all know these wheels are massively expensive.

I Will get my BMW local dealer to fit buy curious to see what you guys have been doing as regards tyre fitting options around Hertfordshire & any trusted fitters you would recommended in this area.

Cheers all

Re: Who do you trust to fit tyres to your carbon wheels & your experiences with OEM

I trust FWR

Re: Who do you trust to fit tyres to your carbon wheels & your experiences with OEM

I get a local mechanic to do all my servicing and tyre swaps (well I say all, I didn't ask him to service my Gen3 not will I for the Gen4 as he can't plug into them). Known him for years and he's always done a good job. The really crazy thing is when I found out that 35 years ago he used to work with my dad on the buses.

Myself.... And then that can be a bit sketchy sometimes! :apthy:

Been thinking about this scenario myself... I think with the carbon rims I personally would be staying with main dealer... if they damage them... they can replace them

I use a very well respected tyre fitting business not far from me in Malton. They look after all my vehicles and plenty of other people?s exotics, they are well used to fitting rubber to expensive wheels without issue.

i do my own, all ready changed then once, as i see someone said on FB "i sweat like a blind lesbian in a fish mongers" when i did them.lol

Latest posts

Back