what is the correct name for this panel?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IMORTAL_Indian

Reaction score
05a04293064b30c5ae556e6cdcee1f07.jpg

The red panel? Right hand tank infil?

Last edited:
Cheers.

Out of interest, how many of you have scratched the paint when trying to put that part back on?

98db7d6edc13a2d6287d63ac51eaa7ac.jpg

4758814aec70485b7ba5bceb5f79fcb2.jpg

The bike came back after the 18k service with these scratches, I am awaiting feedback from the service manager.

Last edited:
Cheers.

Out of interest, how many of you have scratched the paint when trying to put that part back on?

The bike came back after the 18k service with these scratches, I am awaiting feedback from the service manager.

I?m proud to say I?ve never scratched any panels when working on bikes! (Apart from my dads bike when I was about 13, gave me a right telling off and it?s never happened since!)

But accidents happen, were all human. They should rectify it for you if it happened while in there custody.

There is a metal fastener on the front fairing that slots through that hole so that?s probably how it happened...

Interestingly, my bike has a scratch in the exact same spot (I?ve not had the fairings off so it must have been there when I got it)

Hi, I bought my s1krr gen 3 from Coopers Sunderland just under a year ago, took it for its 6k service last week at Pidcocks Nottingham and when I got home noticed the belly pan was overlapping the fairing on one side. On closer inspection one of the lugs had broken off the fairing hence why it was fitted incorrectly. I then noticed 3 scratches around one of the screws in the belly pan which were not there before the service either.

I called them and explained and they told me to call Coopers as I had bought it from them and see what they can do as they had not caused the damage?? I called Coopers and they have said it's almost a year since I purchased and although I have the 2 year warranty there's not much they can do, and he said it sounds like Pidcocks are just trying to get out of it. I then called Pidcock back and told them Coopers can't help and he said he will speak to his manager but he thinks the best he could do is go halves on new panels.

I don't want to be ungrateful but I didnt intend spending money on panels that were fine before the service? Not sure where to go with this now?

Hi, I've used Pidcocks and they were very good. Ask them if the belly pan would have been removed to change the oil and filter and to cover out other aspects of the service.... Assuming the answer is yes put the ball firmly back in their court as clearly they would have been the last people to touch it and hadn't reported it as a defect when you went to pick your bike up post service.

Last edited:
Hi, I've used Pidcocks and they were very good. Ask them if the belly pan would have been removed to change the oil and filter and to cover out other aspects of the service.... Assuming the answer is yes put the ball firmly back in their court as clearly they would have been the last people to touch it and hadn't reported it as a defect when you went to pick your bike up post service.

If it's any help, only the left hand side of the belly pan needs to be removed to change the oil filter.

Cheers.

I scratched mine replacing the fairing after fitting the radiator guard. They are marked in exactly the same way. My bike is a '15 black so these panels are unpainted on mine. When I have a chance I'll take them off and see what I can do with a heat gun to remove the scratches. I reckon you need to protect these with some duct tape!

Thanks for the response,

yes they did take the panel off and had told me there were 2 screws missing which they replaced. I also know because they had overlaped the fairing and belly pan the wrong way so that's what drew my attention to it initially, and then I spotted the scratches.

I had seen a few people on here that said Pidcocks had been good which is why I used them, I will see what they come back with hopefully they will sort something.

Latest posts

Back