what akropovic full exhaust race type to buy.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxon

Reaction score
hi I am buying a full system next week but confused after seeing the same exhaust system 1 with throttle cable fitted to the exhaust and 1 without,and with a big difference in price.I think the one with throttle cable had a small catalytic in the middle pipe.Anyone any advice on this as akropovic site said no fuel alterations necessary on both exhaust systems.My bike will be used on the road and trackdays.

Akrapovič

There are several different types of full system available from Akrapovič. The 'Racing Line' has stainless steel headers and is generally the cheapest option whereas the more expensive 'Evolution Line' is made entirely of titanium. The road legal versions that are available for some models retain a catalytic converter and exhaust valve/servo motor much like that found on the standard OEM system except they are much smaller.

Regardless of what the Akrapovič website states you will not know whether your bike will need to be mapped until you have fitted the system and taken the bike to your local Dyno Centre and conducted a baseline power run. This will identify if there are any issues with the A-F ratio and whether you need to fit a Power Commander, or similar fuel management system, and have the bike mapped.

Every time I have fitted an Akrapovič full system to any of my race/track bikes I have had them mapped accordingly to take full advantage of the benefits that fitting one offers.

hi so is it best just buying the exhaust system without the servo and small cat then? a hell of a lot cheaper and use a power commander if needed after dyno test.

Akrapovič

Only you can decide which exhaust to go for and whether or not you will actually benefit from fitting a full race system.

Latest posts

Back