Tyre pressures

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benny130

Reaction score
More tyre pressure advice im afraid. Ive read some other threads but want to be clear for my personal set of circumstances.

Im at Cadwell on Monday. What should the cold temps be? should be a nice sunny day and expect ill be in the inters??

Thanks in advance

(racetec K3`s)

Last edited:
Not advice, sharing what works for me! With the k3's in inters I'd go 31 F and 30 rear, dropping to 27 r once i've had a session or two. Possibly lower at the rear if it gets warm.

Metzeler

I would strongly advise not to deviate from the Metzeler pressure ranges for the Racetec RR tyres in order to get the best performance from them.

I'm at cadwell Monday. Hopefully nice and sunny.

If you are setting pressures cold then i'd take into consideration how much you can gain from cold to hot. I've seen as much as 10psi in a front from cold to out the warmer.

As mentioned above, speak to the tyre guys on the day. They'll give you the best advice according to the temperatures, your pace/group and your tyres.

Best tip I have from a tyre/suspension guru is no to dawdle back to the pits when you're finished your session, continue at your usual pace until the point you leave the circuit. Check your tyre pressures straight away before doing anything else and that'll be the temperature & pressure they are actually operating at when you're out on track which is the most important.

Last edited:
Back