Tt 2017

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm over there Sunday the 4th June till whatever date the Wednesday is, I'm taking the S1000rr over! Be good to see if there is many folk going from on here!

Saturday 3rd until Saturday 10th for me. Will be on the HP4 but don't know what colour it will be. Think it will be easy to spot though......

JimmyMac

30th May until 6th June for me. Racing should be good. The TT boys looked in good fettle at this weeks North West 200 meeting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We'll have to sort a meet for a pint or 2, would be nice to put names to faces.

How are you all getting there? I'm over on the ferry with the van on the 28th but then have to fly back over for a couple of days. Piss poor planning.....

Fly back to IoM on the Sunday evening.

I'm up for a meet, we're going over on bikes, don't know about your piss poor planning Eddie were on 3am ferry crossing, that's poor planning mate.

yeah me to. Just me an a mate over this year. He's only passed his test a month or so, so should be an interesting first proper ride out for him lol.

I'm up for a meet, we're going over on bikes, don't know about your piss poor planning Eddie were on 3am ferry crossing, that's poor planning mate.

Same here buddy, 02:15 from Heysham! I've double booked myself and can't get the ferry changed, supposed to be at Cadwell on the 2/3/4 June.

Ride safe over there folks, the majority of fatalities over the years have been ordinary punters riding round the course, some of the riding standards are absolutely shocking. Full of knobheads who think they're McG going for the lap record, wouldn't be so bad but 9/10 times they take someone else out with them!

Last edited:
Just watched that video from start to finish Eddie, never seen it before. Very sobering stuff, have seen some lunatic stuff on the mountain and can't explain why people think they can safely rattle up to 150+ first day when they have rarely seen north of 100 all year.

Hope everyone has a safe trip.

JimmyMac

Im flying over from the 3rd to the 6th, Couldnt manage any longer as her who must be obeyed let me take of to the moto GP in Jerez last weekend !!!!

Just watched that video from start to finish Eddie, never seen it before. Very sobering stuff, have seen some lunatic stuff on the mountain and can't explain why people think they can safely rattle up to 150+ first day when they have rarely seen north of 100 all year.

Hope everyone has a safe trip.

JimmyMac

Just goes to show that just because you're riding safely, there's always some ar****le going nuts.

Make sure you boys give me plenty of space when you blast past me over the mountain, my wee 250 will be flat out ;-)

I've never had a clear run over the mountain EVER. You either end up waiting in ramsey for the road to re open after someone has banjod themselves or you end up waiting at bungalow because someone has come a cropper between bungalow and creg ny baa. Or both. It seems like someone is off every half hour up there.

Everyone likes to have a good blast over the mountain but people seem to turn into bellends as soon as their tyres hit the tarmac on the island.

I've never had a clear run over the mountain EVER. You either end up waiting in ramsey for the road to re open after someone has banjod themselves or you end up waiting at bungalow because someone has come a cropper between bungalow and creg ny baa. Or both. It seems like someone is off every half hour up there.

Everyone likes to have a good blast over the mountain but people seem to turn into bellends as soon as their tyres hit the tarmac on the island.

Don't forget the closing for fog/mist lol

I never do mad sunday, because it's..... mad sunday......

Last edited:
I never do mad sunday, because it's..... mad sunday......

I'll second that, I went a few years back first time and mad Sunday you couldn't even get on the gas as there where so many bikes over the mountain!

So I got back to the camp site dumped the bike and got pissed .. good times!

I'm going for the first time this year, can't wait.
29th to the 3rd I think, 5 of us on the bikes.

Latest posts

Back