Trip to the Aragon MotoGP

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
e6684f3b684ab0d29e6e8b375beb4749.png

We got access to the service road for FP4 and qualifying which was very cool.

15518bf12dcaeae55dc4eb501a231bc2.jpg

dfc07934cd916636e278d542c2b4a6f8.jpg

e2b082f99938638fb996470fb044410d.jpg

bd1ef044f05261cccf30673cb3d6f74f.jpg

4a87e0c981cd6303e4b8c751745aeaf6.jpg

c1bbf8bb3608b284c7f45229328f7198.jpg

Espargaro got 8th so the team are pleased after technical problems yesterday. Lowes crashed yet again. Rossi did well but imo he is going to have a tough time with the heat and race distance tomorrow.

Just waiting for the main event so my thoughts on anyone planning to come:

Book accommodation as early as possible. We stayed 30 mins away and did much better than many Spanish. Met a few who were an hour away. Can't comment on camping.

There is no shade on any viewing area so bring a big hat and sun block.

Gate 4 gets you up to the mountain viewing area which is a good vantage point with facilities there for food drink and toilets etc.

Overall the infrastructure leading to and from the circuit is shite. The circuit is amazing, facilities not so much.

Any specifics please ask and I'll answer if I can.

Just found this thread Soofy apologies, it was posted when I was off the forum late in the summer. Looks like you had a great time and the roads indeed look fantastic for the two tractors.

Glad you enjoyed it, if I had just had my phone ready I'm sure I could have got a photo of Rossi like that one, he looked to have a very similar riding position in Valencia too, lol.

JimmyMac

It was a really good trip Jimmy, certainly a money cant buy MotoGP experience and something I will never forget. The Pyrennes experience was a little different from yours, I spent most of the riding with my visor up as it was so hot. I am definately going to go back and do some more touring aroung there and the Picos when I can. I had two euro trips this year so I am not even mentioning anything to the wife at the moment but the NC500 is something I have planned to do in 2018 shhh.

Haha, nice to see you have a healthy respect for your wife Soofy, either that or your keeping her sweet to get a better Christmas prezzie.

The NC500 is incredible in parts, especially up the far Northwestern area, rivals some of the areas in the Andes. There is also no shortage of things to see and do. There was a documentary on BBC Alba this year that would make a great source of reference for you.

If you are looking for company, let me know.

JimmyMac

I think i saw a bit of the documentary but will seek it out and take some notes. Thanks for the offer, I will let you know for sure.

Here is a blog from a couple of Irish bikers who did the NC500 last week Andy. Weather was a bit dreich but they seemed to love the views.

Thought it might whet your appetite.

http://tbni.blog/2017/12/09/scotlands-north-coast-500-nc500-ride-report/

JimmyMac

EDIT - Just noticed that although they posted this just the other day it was actually from SUMMER 2016..........

Same weather as now, lol. When he mentioned midges biting him I clicked that it wasn't December he went.

Last edited:
I can't tell you how much of a mistake a car is on this road, so many others on it and no passing places for many miles you will go bonkers.
Lots of left hand drive motors up there in the summer with no clue as to UK driving rules, just stop anywhere to get out and look at the scenery (Which I don't blame them for).

Keep an eye on the forecasts Andy and be prepared to go at the drop of a hat to gaurantee the weather if that's your concern, the route is so good, even in bad weather it is 9.5 out of 10.

From the very unbiased JimmyMac

Back