Trackday S1000RR - gen1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aviatingcud

Reaction score
I?m about to buy a 2010 S1000RR sport for the track which has various upgrades including Maxton suspension front and rear. Just a few questions to those in the know.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for when viewing the bike?

Do I have to keep to the original tyre size on the rear for the traction control to work?

Thanks in anticipation

I?m about to buy a 2010 S1000RR sport for the track which has various upgrades including Maxton suspension front and rear. Just a few questions to those in the know.

Is there anything in particular I should look out for when viewing the bike?

Do I have to keep to the original tyre size on the rear for the traction control to work?

Thanks in anticipation
Re: tire size - you can change it easily. I've been using 200 for a while with no issues with TC.

Thanks. I was hoping that would be the case.

Anything to to Watchout for whilst I’m checking it over?

gearbox is probably the main thing to look at. run through all gears under load if poss.

Cheers for that. The guy I'm buying off has said that the gearbox has been refreshed so hopefully I won't have any issues.

haha i'm sure it has,make sure you have a look through recipts etc for any work done,if engines been apart,it should have had some kind of refresh.it's 9 yrs old now so will be getting tired depending how well it's been looked after

Thanks for the advice. I’ll check through the receipts and check for signs of any work on the engine.

Latest posts

Back