Trackday / Racing Brake Pads?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kam187

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to get some real life feedback on pads you are using on track.

I've historically always had Brembo Z04's or SBS DS1/2's which are amazing but at £400 a set, I'm looking at other options.

I did a day at Donny last week, then straight up to Anglesey. Smoked my Z04's at Donny and only had a set AP's 470SF pads in my spares box. Braking was solid and consistent. Just need to check pad wear but considering they are 4x cheaper, hopefully they'll stand up to a couple of TD's.

Looking at Brembo RC's next, seem value at £150 a set. Has anyone used these?

Any other pads to consider?

Over a period of time a set of GP4 RX's will pay for themselves with cheaper pads. #manmaths ;)
I've used the Performance Friction PFC95's before and they were OK, there are other compounds like 13 which have a higher initial bite.
Rod Harwin sells them.
https://www.facebook.com/RodHarwin/

Over a period of time a set of GP4 RX's will pay for themselves with cheaper pads. #manmaths ;)
I've used the Performance Friction PFC95's before and they were OK, there are other compounds like 13 which have a higher initial bite.
Rod Harwin sells them.
https://www.facebook.com/RodHarwin/
How do you like the GP4 RX vs stock calipers?

The braking on my 24 M1000rr is good enough to lift the rear wheel .... pretty good so far in spirited riding!

I like the Nissin's (Blue and Black are the same spec)
They are so much better from a cost perspective from the Gold Brembo's on the Gen3 which I believe Kam187 is running.
The Gold Brembo's had 4 pads per caliper (1 per piston), which would for some inexplicable reason double the cost, when the pad area was no different to any other dual piston pad.

I've never tried the GP4RX's but for me they would be the only way to 'upgrade' the S/MRR OEM calipers. Anything less wouldn't be an upgrade, running costs would remain the same. For the Gen3 they would lower the pad costs from £400 - £240 so a few sets would see the GP4RX's pay for themselves.

EBC GPFAX Get my wrote. A lot say as good as the Brembo Z04. I can't comment as not tried the Z04 but they are much better than SBS DC that I've been using last few years.
I used them years ago but switched to save money.
Having upgraded the whole front end, brakes, lines, pistons Inc wheels and discs I'm not going to worry about a few extra quid on the pads.

I use the EBC GPFAX in my gp4rx and rate them but a lot of brake dust and at £140-150 is half the price, but if I order the Z04 from Italy I can get the for £120 a side and order one set at a time it keeps it under the import tax, but these are for the gp4rx calipers

Latest posts

Back